The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Surely you know that's not the only accusation leveled at Larry Elder, a man who could become the governor of California with minimal votes, based on his position as a media figure with no administrative experience, using a public forum where he says lots of nonsensical things on a multitude of topics. So yes, people are pointing to specific policies, beliefs, and comments on merit, and lack thereof, and you are acting like race is the only card being played. That is also known as playing the race card, just on the other side of the table. 

I honestly don’t follow Elder or listen to his show if that’s what he has. Perhaps what I am seeing is a small subset of criticism but why go there at all if the guy is a flake. They should have plenty of material without ever bringing up race. As for the recall election laws of CA....I totally agree someone messed up there and they should re-think that. I was actually shocked. It seems like a majority vote to recall him or not followed by another election for a replacement without the recalled official being eligible would be a better option. As far as qualifications...Arnold and Jessie the Body may disagree. :)

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

When did I post I was praying for a bombshell?  Or would you be making up little white lies once again?

You are smart enough not to post "I'm praying for a bombshell that will discredit Dr. Facui, the enemy of Trump and false hero of my liberal adversaries!" 

So yes, you're not quite that literal. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You still never answered if Fauci made those statements though?  Kinda telling 

Not sure which statements exactly, so let's just go with all of them.

It doesn't look good for Fauci. It also doesn't look bad for Fauci. Basically it looks inconclusive, with absolutely no one thwarting continued investigation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/06/16/heres-what-dr-fauci-has-said-about-covids-origins-and-the-lab-leak-theory/?sh=213fe546a853

Here are the four basic options that have been driving the speculation. Three out of four are perfectly credible. Many scientists still lean towards #4 and you can see why they wanted to nip #1 in the bud. 

1) COVID was intentionally created by the Chinese as a bio-terrorism weapon to take down the West.

2) COVID was accidentally created by the Chinese while studying ongoing coronavirus mutations

3) The Chinese were already studying cross-species transmission within the coronavirus family when their test case escaped from their lab

4) COVID sprung up naturally and was already out in the world when the Wuhan labs were running concurrent research. 

I don't know anyone who said they trust the Chinese at face value. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You are smart enough not to post "I'm praying for a bombshell that will discredit Dr. Facui, the enemy of Trump and false hero of my liberal adversaries!" 

So yes, you're not quite that literal. 

Well I’m glad we now know it to believe your little white lies.  Next step is to just not make them anymore and concentrate on what is actually posted. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Not sure which statements exactly, so let's just go with all of them.

It doesn't look good for Fauci. It also doesn't look bad for Fauci. Basically it looks inconclusive, with absolutely no one thwarting continued investigation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/06/16/heres-what-dr-fauci-has-said-about-covids-origins-and-the-lab-leak-theory/?sh=213fe546a853

Here are the four basic options that have been driving the speculation. Three out of four are perfectly credible. Many scientists still lean towards #4 and you can see why they wanted to nip #1 in the bud. 

1) COVID was intentionally created by the Chinese as a bio-terrorism weapon to take down the West.

2) COVID was accidentally created by the Chinese while studying ongoing coronavirus mutations

3) The Chinese were already studying cross-species transmission within the coronavirus family when their test case escaped from their lab

4) COVID sprung up naturally and was already out in the world when the Wuhan labs were running concurrent research. 

I don't know anyone who said they trust the Chinese at face value. 

If Fauci’s dismissal of the lab leak theory was the main takeaway from today’s news, you may have a semi small point.  He only dismissed that theory to a large extent and not overall.   However, we know that is not the cause of him being in the news and you seem to be conveniently glossing over the actual reason Fauci is in the news today 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Well some good covid news for a change.  :)

So, if someone chooses to take a completely legitimate medicine (one of which the WHO calls essential) we're gonna go with the move to actively root for their infertility? On a podcast I heard Dr. Drew, who appears to be a legitimate MD, say that he would approve of all the treatments Rogan went with. I doubt he's the only one. Personally, I'd have some hesitancy taking it for Covid, but it isn't as ridiculous as jackasses like Trevor Noah would have you believe.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

If Fauci’s dismissal of the lab leak theory was the main takeaway from today’s news, you may have a semi small point.  He only dismissed that theory to a large extent and not overall.   However, we know that is not the cause of him being in the news and you seem to be conveniently glossing over the actual reason Fauci is in the news today 

I honestly don't know why Fauci is in the news today. All I've read is the morning paper. 

43 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

So, if someone chooses to take a completely legitimate medicine (one of which the WHO calls essential) we're gonna go with the move to actively root for their infertility? On a podcast I heard Dr. Drew, who appears to be a legitimate MD, say that he would approve of all the treatments Rogan went with. I doubt he's the only one. Personally, I'd have some hesitancy taking it for Covid, but it isn't as ridiculous as jackasses like Trevor Noah would have you believe.

Seriously?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

So, if someone chooses to take a completely legitimate medicine (one of which the WHO calls essential) we're gonna go with the move to actively root for their infertility?

No one should be self prescribing anything. If you are choosing to self prescribe an animal medication, you're a f#&%ing idiot and I could care less if you f#&% yourself up in the process. This is the tide pod challenge pandemic version. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not sure Dr. Drew would be my go to expert on the prevention and treatment of Covid-19?  

• Plus1 2

DeSantis doing his thing.  

DeSantis on Friday suggested vaccinations are “about your health and whether you want that protection or not” and “really doesn’t impact me or anyone else.”

What a completely ignorant statement 

Fauci puts this statement in proper perspective

“If he feels that vaccines are not important for people, that they are just important for some people, that’s completely incorrect,  Vaccination ... has been the solution to every major public health issue in which a vaccine was developed for,” he continued. “I mean: smallpox, polio, measles. I’m not sure what people are talking about when they push back on vaccinations. It is historically, over decades and decades and decades, shown to be the way you control an infectious disease.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/desantis-gets-vital-history-lesson-124306682.html

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

No one should be self prescribing anything. If you are choosing to self prescribe an animal medication, you're a f#&%ing idiot and I could care less if you f#&% yourself up in the process. This is the tide pod challenge pandemic version. 

Couldn't agree more with the self prescribing, and obviously taking the version of Ivermectin for animals is a stupid idea, but as we know, there's a perfectly legitimate human version of the medication as well. Like I mentioned before, I would have a difficult time being talked into taking it by my doctor, but to pretend it isn't possibly some sort of solution is wrong. I read something from the FDA saying it is in ongoing clinical trials for the treatment of COVID-19, so that would lead me to believe there may not be nothing to it.

5 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I'm not sure Dr. Drew would be my go to expert on the prevention and treatment of Covid-19?  

Maybe not, but he's a legitimate doctor, so I doubt he's just throwing s#!t at the wall here, either.