The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Man down!  admo down lol

I got covid Friday morning, tested positive sat, and today is day 5.  Although this is the third year I've had it, this is/was the absolute worst I felt by far.  Especially the first 48-60 hours - complete suffering.  I hope none of yall catch this variant.  Seems to be spreading fast out here.  My lady, my fam, coworkers - all seem to catch it since last week and this week.  I still have no appetite, literally no desire for food at all.  Going on 5 days (feeling 50% better) I've only ate - an orange, green apple slices, and a tomato.  Put any food in front of me and I will swat it away like Dikembe Mutombo (and wave the finger).  Just lots of water, little bits of orange juice, and fruit juice.  Ugh...

First time was summer 2020.  2nd time a few months after getting vaxxed.  Those were no picnics either, but again, nothing like this was during the first 3 days.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, admo said:

Man down!  admo down lol

I got covid Friday morning, tested positive sat, and today is day 5.  Although this is the third year I've had it, this is/was the absolute worst I felt by far.  Especially the first 48-60 hours - complete suffering.  I hope none of yall catch this variant.  Seems to be spreading fast out here.  My lady, my fam, coworkers - all seem to catch it since last week and this week.  I still have no appetite, literally no desire for food at all.  Going on 5 days (feeling 50% better) I've only ate - an orange, green apple slices, and a tomato.  Put any food in front of me and I will swat it away like Dikembe Mutombo (and wave the finger).  Just lots of water, little bits of orange juice, and fruit juice.  Ugh...

First time was summer 2020.  2nd time a few months after getting vaxxed.  Those were no picnics either, but again, nothing like this was during the first 3 days.

Hopefully you won't deal with long COVID on top of it all and the potential disability that comes with that.  

• Thanks 1
On 7/19/2022 at 10:56 AM, admo said:

Man down!  admo down lol

Dang, just saw this. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

The first time I got it I felt pretty rotten for quite awhile. 2nd time was hardly anything, I didn’t even miss work. I suppose I should get my 3rd booster that I’ve been eligible for quite awhile.  Anyway, get well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Dang, just saw this. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

The first time I got it I felt pretty rotten for quite awhile. 2nd time was hardly anything, I didn’t even miss work. I suppose I should get my 3rd booster that I’ve been eligible for quite awhile.  Anyway, get well.

Thank you brother.  I appreciate it! 

Yeah it's strange.  The first time it was 2 weeks of sinus pressure.  Not fun, but not awful.  The 2nd time came after the vax shots, and it was like 3-4 days of sinus, no biggie.  

This latest omicron one tho.... completely miserable and the worst.  Like no relief in sight for a week.  The thought of food makes you sick.  And you never feel hungry.  You can't stand up for 5 minutes.  You can't sleep, but you have to lay down.  The sinus pressure, the headaches, cough, the chest pain.... 24hrs non-stop.  Like I was literally praying for it to end in bed every night.  I'm 8 days since, and operating at 75%.  I had my first meal last night (some grilled chicken).  I haven't eaten today at all.  Only fruit and some vegetables sound ok.  But I know it's getting better.  I look forward to Sunday, going out to lunch for Pho Noodle Soup.  Mmmm..  

Also, wearing a mask again in 108 degree weather the past few days sucked a$$, lol.  

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

San Diego back to masks in schools

Kentucky starts masking on Monday (schools)

You have got to be kidding me.

Kidding you about what????  Covid is no joke my friend.  

admo I hope you start feeling better soon.  That sounds terrible.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Putting kids back in masks.

Either go online (which of course no parent will ever agree with again because parents can't stand being around their kids all day)

Or be done with the masks.  No one is wearing the 95 mask, they all wear cloth masks which they either pull down, play with or take off during times when you can't ge covid, like at lunch, during PE class and in the restroom with your friends.  

If these people really care about the teachers, like they claim they do, go online, 100%.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Covid in kids are not the problem. And, schools have been shown to not be major spreaders. 

This does more damage than good. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Covid in kids are not the problem. And, schools have been shown to not be major spreaders. 

This does more damage than good. 

I have not heard any mask rumblings here in Omaha since last winter so hopefully we are done with it.

Soon to be 12th graders have still never had a "normal" year of high school.  It would be nice if they can at least get one.

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Putting kids back in masks.

Either go online (which of course no parent will ever agree with again because parents can't stand being around their kids all day)

Or be done with the masks.  No one is wearing the 95 mask, they all wear cloth masks which they either pull down, play with or take off during times when you can't ge covid, like at lunch, during PE class and in the restroom with your friends.  

If these people really care about the teachers, like they claim they do, go online, 100%.

I’m with you and I 100% believe masks work in most settings.  But not the way we did it in schools.

”oh, you’re breathing hard in PE and sports? Take it off.”

”oh, you’re laughing and chewing 3 feet from the person across from you? Take it off.”

“oh, you’re in a crowded hallway hanging all over each other?  Well don’t take it off, but I guess we won’t see it anyway..”

School is an extension of home.  We’re all family!  My admin says so!!!

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’m with you and I 100% believe masks work in most settings.  But not the way we did it in schools.

”oh, you’re breathing hard in PE and sports? Take it off.”

”oh, you’re laughing and chewing 3 feet from the person across from you? Take it off.”

“oh, you’re in a crowded hallway hanging all over each other?  Well don’t take it off, but I guess we won’t see it anyway..”

School is an extension of home.  We’re all family!  My admin says so!!!

The rules were amazing!

Oh and the "contact tracing" oh my god, it was like completely made up!

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

The rules were amazing!

Oh and the "contact tracing" oh my god, it was like completely made up!

I loved the emails at 9pm that “ 8 of your students will be absent for the week.  Please be sure to get them the materials they need!”…

• Haha 1