Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

I was just sitting in my office eaves dropping on the conversation with employees.  They were talking about how they don't want the sickness and fatalities that are piling up.  But, they are finding that they like the slower pace and the cultural changes that have happened.  They talk about seeing more families out taking walks together or playing in their yards together.  FYI, the main one that was saying that is in her 30s, married with no kids and usually is extremely busy with activities and work.

It was a very warm and comforting conversation to listen to on a Friday afternoon.

Maybe our society will learn from this and make small changes for the better.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was just sitting in my office eaves dropping on the conversation with employees.  They were talking about how they don't want the sickness and fatalities that are piling up.  But, they are finding that they like the slower pace and the cultural changes that have happened.  They talk about seeing more families out taking walks together or playing in their yards together.  FYI, the main one that was saying that is in her 30s, married with no kids and usually is extremely busy with activities and work.

It was a very warm and comforting conversation to listen to on a Friday afternoon.

Maybe our society will learn from this and make small changes for the better.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Here, here!

We are usually transporting kids 4 nights a week for lessons and practices.  The time that we've been able to spend as a family has been awesome.  We were playing "Apples to Apples" last night after a home cooked dinner and were literally crying from laughter at one point.

I don't want these evenings to go away...

Detailed look at how SARS-CoV-2 infects the body and the body's response:

How does coronavirus kill? Clinicians trace a ferocious rampage through the body, from brain to toes

As the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 surges past 2.2 million globally and deaths surpass 150,000, clinicians and pathologists are struggling to understand the damage wrought by the coronavirus as it tears through the body. They are realizing that although the lungs are ground zero, its reach can extend to many organs including the heart and blood vessels, kidneys, gut, and brain.

“[The disease] can attack almost anything in the body with devastating consequences,” says cardiologist Harlan Krumholz of Yale University and Yale-New Haven Hospital, who is leading multiple efforts to gather clinical data on COVID-19. “Its ferocity is breathtaking and humbling.”

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Detailed look at how SARS-CoV-2 infects the body and the body's response:

How does coronavirus kill? Clinicians trace a ferocious rampage through the body, from brain to toes

That's a very good article about what is known so far about what and how Covid attacks the body. Unfortunately, I understood and can relate to much more of that article than I would like to.

This is very anecdotal but I wonder if the immunosuppressant drug I am on may possibly being helping prevent some of the more common symptoms and severity of the Covid-19 disease. I've suspected that I may be an assymptomatic carrier. I have always had a tendency to not get the worst symptoms of anything that is going around while my wife tends to get them and accuses me of being a carrier. It's not helping things that this is typical high allergy season but I have been sneezing more with the occasional dry cough and itchy watery eyes. Could be standard allergy stuff or....maybe not. I guess on the plus side, neither my wife nor daughter have any symptoms and we are in close proximity, in the same house.