Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

My buddy had 3 online classes today...here was his attendance

11/29

14/28 

and

1/31

In your opinion, are college athletes who live in a bubble, that have a fairly regimented schedule while in said bubble more likely to attend online courses than students who really have no one monitoring their attendance and dont live in a structured environment 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

In your opinion, are college athletes who live in a bubble, that have a fairly regimented schedule while in said bubble more likely to attend online courses than students who really have no one monitoring their attendance and dont live in a structured environment 

Live streamed lecture?  They are more likely, I would probably say close to 100% would attend.

Recorded lecture/webinar...just depends on the kid.  Just like the regular college kids...50/50.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

In all seriousness. When I try to wrap my head around the cancellation (yes I expected it) I develop a headache. To me this should have been expected for no reason other then the media's reasoning behind whats considered "ok" gatherings. (Ex: "Ok" to riot/protest but not "ok" to assemble for church, "ok" to mass gather on a beach but not "ok" to gather for a wedding.. etc). The hypocrisy of the whole brings the sane to insanity. 

The media? Seriously? 

The media has reported the scientists warnings and the politicians dilemmas, and they've been pretty accurate if not perfect. I think everyone wanted to get back to normal around Memorial Day, but large gatherings of all types created spikes, particularly in regions that avoided the first wave. 

Also, this is happening in pretty much every country on Earth, so if you have a specific political agenda, it may not fit the facts.  MLB and the NBA are pulling it off, and the media seems to be rooting for it. The whole back-to-school mandate is a little scarier, as most predict and even bigger spike than the summer brought on. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loebarth said:

In all seriousness. When I try to wrap my head around the cancellation (yes I expected it) I develop a headache. To me this should have been expected for no reason other then the media's reasoning behind whats considered "ok" gatherings. (Ex: "Ok" to riot/protest but not "ok" to assemble for church, "ok" to mass gather on a beach but not "ok" to gather for a wedding.. etc). The hypocrisy of the whole brings the sane to insanity. 

November 4th is the kill date for the C19 panic being spewed out by the dishonest media.  They might mention the death count every once and a while, but the 24/7 fear mongering will go away completely.  Mark my words.  The public is starting to realize how much of their lives are directed by the media and how dishonest they are in reporting. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 3
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Other countries with less money did this earlier and better. 

But USA Testing capacity eclipsed them all.  The other countries may have less money, and a lot of them have fewer people than California.

45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Okay. Maybe my optimism was a little premature. But can we revisit this in a month when we've all agreed to take this more seriously?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/8-days-semester-notre-dame-halts-person-classes-146-students-n1237195?Thecid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR1PIYBoaqrFWuq78PqOJpVSC5jZ-g4DqTCiTyW0RocUBTGMahK-dDukfSc

There was an off campus party once classes resumed.  I'm really hoping our officials knew that was very very likely.

• Plus1 1

I had never heard of Jeff Snook until yesterday, but apparently he's legit... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217193743904537&id=1498798014

BREAKING: OHIO STATE’S A.D. WORKING ON PLAN TO GET FIVE OTHER BIG TEN TEAMS TO PARTICIPATE IN 10-GAME SCHEDULE THIS FALL

BY JEFF SNOOK

No matter what has been stated publicly, Ohio State’s hierarchy hasn’t yet given up on playing football this fall.

Athletic Director Gene Smith, with the full support of school president-elect Kristina Johnson, has been working behind the scenes for the past six days to organize fellow Big Ten conference athletic directors in convincing at least five other university presidents to move forward with a 10-game season to be played among six teams, a source familiar with the movement told me today.

In this proposed format, each team would play the other five Big Ten teams who are participating twice --  once at home and once on the road, beginning on either Sept. 26 or Oct. 3. The season would conclude by mid-December and there would no Big Ten title game in Indianapolis.

As of Tuesday night, the source claimed that Penn State President Eric Barron, Nebraska President Walter “Ted” Carter and Iowa President Bruce Harreld are on board with the new plan. The group hopes to convince two other universities, notably the University of Wisconsin and the University of Michigan, to join them... (continued)

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1