Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

8 hours ago, nic said:

Nope....but she just mandated masks with exec order 180 for the fall sports she allowed with exec order 176. What a side show. :snacks:  I don’t think she’s ever played sports. :facepalm: Anyone known if other HS teams are wearing masks while on the field?

“The COVID-19 virus is easily spread through airborne particles and can affect everyone differently,” Gov. Whitmer said in a release. "By wearing a face covering when proper distancing is not possible, athletes will be better protected from contracting the virus and spreading it to family members, frontline workers, and vulnerable populations.

CDC smoke particles and cloth masks.

"Cloth masks will not protect you from wildfire smoke.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health".

#WhatsTheDifferenceBetweenLiquidAndSolidSmokeParticlesInRelationToClothMasks 

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3

20 minutes ago, Alamo City Husker said:

CDC smoke particles and cloth masks.

"Cloth masks will not protect you from wildfire smoke.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health".

#WhatsTheDifferenceBetweenLiquidAndSolidSmokeParticlesInRelationToClothMasks 

giphy.gif

What?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Honestly If I were still coaching I would try and get the team matching neck gaiters, tell them they need to be pulled up on the sidelines and if they slip down when your helmet is on - so be it. Lets play ball.

My son's college team is practicing.  They are making them wear those plastic  visors.  He hates them.  A neck gator after the heat is gone wouldn't be bad.

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

image.png.9cae953a3af5074df7d26a6df76f3aa7.png

Hell, let's just start the 2020 football season in May of 2021!

Why not just start 2020 and 2021 seasons simultaneously?    Season ticket holders can come to Lincoln and see doubleheaders.  Early and late kickoffs or even smarter just play 8 quarter games vs each opponent at one time.  Thats efficiency at its best. Travel cost halved. Testing cut by 50%.  Lock in all day crowds that drink and eat double!   Brilliant - can’t imagine how it wasnt done eons ago.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4

There are some serious issues going on behind the iron curtain.  I hope things are not so bad we end up wishing we never found out!   

I think more litigation is bound to come as the fiscal losses settle in to become reality (not prospective anymore).  There are thousands and thousands of businesses, vendors, providers, students, etc that now losing hope for a miracle.  As the damage materializes, the pain is no longer anticipatory. 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

One more reason to not like wisconsin.

7 - yes - NU, Iowa, OSU, Ind, Pur, PSU.  Rut? or MN

7 - no - Mich, Mich St, Wiscy, NW, Ill, Mar, MN or Rut?

More speculation.  More uncertainty.  More bad PR for the not-so Big Ten.   ugh.   

Without Wiscy, it looks tough to get to 9.   dam those stinking badgers!   

By the time the court heard the motion, it will be too late to salvage a full season really.  The Yes vote schools must sue Big Ten for damages.