*** Husker FB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

32 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Man there were some DUDES on that Blackshirt unit. Dejon Gomes, Prince, Crick, Suh, etc. Still brings a tear to my eye to watch their highlights.

Going to the game was one of the best/worst things I got to be a part of. That defense was just insane. I remember the Oklahoma game saying, "Just keep punting, our defense will win the game." They ended up doing just that. Insane.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Man, it still hurts so bad knowing Pelini had a National Championship level defense and a National Champion level offense just two years apart. Crazy to think that in 2009 T. Mart was riding the pine as a redshirt. I have no doubt that had Pelini known how the year would play out they would have gotten his speed on the field somehow. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Man there were some DUDES on that Blackshirt unit. Dejon Gomes, Prince, Crick, Suh, etc. Still brings a tear to my eye to watch their highlights.

Basically that entire 1st team and even 2nd string was NFL talent. You named 3, but then you had Dennard, Phil Dil, Asante, Hagg, Will Compton, and Eric Martin.

Even the guys who only made practice squads or didn't play again were studs: Thenarse, Pierre Allen, O'Hannlon, Barry Turner, Cam Meredith, Steinkhuler, Austin Cassidy, etc.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1