Wisconsin Game Cancelled

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I won’t argue that the virus could be transmitted in a game. It could. But, these teams and this conference chose to go forward with a season and developed Covid testing protocols that they have to be able to rely on. If they aren’t or can’t trust them then they should not have agreed to proceed with a season at all. The grey area in letting individual teams make play/cancel decisions, and thereby giving them the ability to game the system, was a gross error. Not surprising considering their inability to deal with this pandemic every step of the way.

I agree. The reports are there is 6 players who have tested positive. To cancel a game over 6 kids is insane. They should be held to that standard the rest of the season. If they have 6 kids positive at any point they need to cancel their game. Because they are setting the precedent 6 is too much.

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Pretty sure you missed something.

See...for the Illini game they were not down to their 4th string QB that has played like 1 snap in the last 3 years.

Agreed, and if the Badgers had Rutgers scheduled this week instead, the game likely gets played. 

I think it's pretty clear that Wisconsin canceled based on a couple different things.

a)  Not sure who all is infected and so they shut things down to hopefully shorten the time they have to be shut down.

and

b)  The decision was made really easy when they thought that if they play us with their 4th string QB and lose, it hurts their chances of winning the division.  If they cancel the game, it doesn't hurt them at all.

That's not being scared of us.  It's doing something that, in the long run, helps them to possibly win the division.  I don't like it.  I think it's a pathetic reason to cancel a game and punish players, coaches and fans that have nothing to do with the getting infected.  But, it is what it is.

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it's pretty clear that Wisconsin canceled based on a couple different things.

a)  Not sure who all is infected and so they shut things down to hopefully shorten the time they have to be shut down.

and

b)  The decision was made really easy when they thought that if they play us with their 4th string QB and lose, it hurts their chances of winning the division.  If they cancel the game, it doesn't hurt them at all.

That's not being scared of us.  It's doing something that, in the long run, helps them to possibly win the division.  I don't like it.  I think it's a pathetic reason to cancel a game and punish players, coaches and fans that have nothing to do with the getting infected.  But, it is what it is.

I get it. Just like the guy who totally f#&%s over someone else because it benefits them. It makes them a selfish prick. 

• Plus1 3
25 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Dan Wetzel notes speculation around the B1G that Wisconsin cancelled because of having to be without Chryst and their QBs.... Glad someone said what is fairly obvious.

https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/1321887411555676160?s=19

He sure did cherry pick other facts too. Nebraska isn’t a darling and is being a little bit of a pest, but it’s for the right causes. 

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

He sure did cherry pick other facts too. Nebraska isn’t a darling and is being a little bit of a pest, but it’s for the right causes. 

A football team wants to play football, has teamed up with a world-leading medical center to ensure they're taking proper steps to safely play, intends to play like dozens of other teams around the country who are able to play, and is being told no by their conference.

And that makes Nebraska a "pest?"

Gonna disagree with that notion. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1