***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Trump will refuse to concede and is going to fight this thing tooth and nail. Hopefully he doesn’t make any progress whatsoever. 

He is getting zero support from Republicans, and barely passing tolerance from Fox News.

He's not going to gain any traction in this, and his legal battles aren't going to survive State courts, let alone make it to the Supreme Court.

It's going to dawn on him in the next week-ish that he's getting cut off. And then the rage tweets will fly like nothing we've seen so far.

• Plus1 2

35 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He is getting zero support from Republicans, and barely passing tolerance from Fox News.

He's not going to gain any traction in this, and his legal battles aren't going to survive State courts, let alone make it to the Supreme Court.

It's going to dawn on him in the next week-ish that he's getting cut off. And then the rage tweets will fly like nothing we've seen so far.

How long until he nukes Philadelphia?

• Plus1 1

That last batch of ballots from Arizona wasn’t great for Trump, as Nate said, but it still seems like the state he has the best chance to pull ahead in. He’s been winning just over 50 percent of the recent batches of votes there, and he needs nearer to 60 percent of the remaining vote to pull ahead. Obviously, he’s not hitting his targets, but he’s closer to hitting his targets in Arizona than he is in Pennsylvania or Georgia or even Nevada.

This is good news. If Biden can get up to 306 then maybe the legal bulls#!t won't go on for as long.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'm probably one of the more anti-gun guys on this board and even I don't think that should mean "no guns."

We absolutely MUST keep hunters and their guns. The animals they cull would run rampant if we took away those guns, so duh. That would be stupid. You'd hit a deer every mile of country road, and crops would be absolutely wrecked.

I also think handguns in most forms are fine. Home defense, personal defense, or just putting holes in targets at the range. They're fun and reasonably safe in reasonable hands.

It's the repeating-style guns, the ones that shoot thousands of rounds per minute, that I think we can all agree we don't need. Our police don't need to face those on the streets, we don't need whackos shooting up concerts or dance halls or synagogues, and we certainly don't need them for hunting.

As with everything, we just need to be reasonable about guns.

I agree with you on a lot of this. I own/use/fire numerous guns. There are many ways we can introduce responsible legislation. 

But, to the bolded above, you are being misleading, though maybe not on purpose. There are no current sales of automatic weapons in the public sector with RARE exceptions. If you are making reference to AR-15 style weapons, you have completely overstated the firing rate. 

AR-15's are capable of about 600 rounds per minute at the extreme, but that firing rate would melt the barrel. They can sustain between 300-400 rounds per minute, but definitely not with accuracy. 

There were workable solutions that received bipartisan approval during the Clinton Admin. Perhaps we should re-visit some of those. 

• Plus1 1