Biden's America

3 hours ago, admo said:

Follow the money ;)

"accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy"

EV, electric planes, electric boats, wind & solar, the green new deal, etc... just makes me wonder what's really happening under the table, while all eyes and ears are focused on Putin & Russia (at fault).  Time is critical.  But I'm probably way off for being curious.  I don't trust D's or Elon or Biden.

Not trusting any of them is a very good place to start. Business people (like Elon) are first and foremost concerned about money and access to power through politicians. Politicians, either party, are concerned about reelection and keeping themselves above the common man……and money. If you want to trust something, trust those facts.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Who do you trust?

Not many, but it is a good question that I ask myself a lot. 

I often refer to a quote by Thomas à Kempis who said, "The lesser of two evils... & Without the Truth, there is no knowing"

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, admo said:

Not many, but it is a good question that I ask myself a lot. 

I often refer to a quote by Thomas à Kempis who said, "The lesser of two evils... & Without the Truth, there is no knowing"

So you're embarrassed to give examples of people you trust???

The quotes above are just gibberish within this context. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

So you're embarrassed to give examples of people you trust???

The quotes above are just gibberish within this context. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Isn't that amazing?

I’m struggling to figure out this tangent. Are you guys saying there are politicians and/or ultra rich CEOs we should trust? Because that seems misguided at best and trending towards really effin dangerous.

I could name many people I trust, but you would have no clue who they are because their names are not in the news.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m struggling to figure out this tangent. Are you guys saying there are politicians and/or ultra rich CEOs we should trust? Because that seems misguided at best and trending towards really effin dangerous.

I could name many people I trust, but you would have no clue who they are because their names are not in the news.

@admo said he doesn't trust those people. But he clearly gets his news and opinions from some trustworthy source. We asked him to tell us who.

Not really sure what's so hard to understand about that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

@admo said he doesn't trust those people. But he clearly gets his news and opinions from some trustworthy source. We asked him to tell us who.

Not really sure what's so hard to understand about that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh. So it’s a discussion about trustworthy news sources and not specific persons?

I may have jumped into the middle without understanding the context. However, it is getting more difficult by the day to trust any news source. Surely some are more trustworthy than others but I pretty much treat them as I do politicians and default to thinking they all have some degree of ulterior motive.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1