Biden's America

43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.  The problem is, most people just look at data and proclaim..."It's the President's fault" without critical thinking as to why something is happening.

This, and, there is blame to be shared on the most recent spike in inflation which likely won't show up until next month's report. The recent spike in gas prices, for example, is the fault of Russia.

One thing to point out to @Archy1221: I personally don't agree that Russia is responsible for all of our inflation, certainly very little until February where the prospect of invasion was nearly certain. That's political spin Democrats are using to counter the political spin that you and other Republicans are using to bash Biden for inflation.

It's fine to point out Biden is wrong to blame Russia for all of our inflation, but it's equally wrong to blame Biden for inflation.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This, and, there is blame to be shared on the most recent spike in inflation which likely won't show up until next month's report. The recent spike in gas prices, for example, is the fault of Russia.

One thing to point out to @Archy1221: I personally don't agree that Russia is responsible for all of our inflation, certainly very little until February where the prospect of invasion was nearly certain. That's political spin Democrats are using to counter the political spin that you and other Republicans are using to bash Biden for inflation.

It's fine to point out Biden is wrong to blame Russia for all of our inflation, but it's equally wrong to blame Biden for inflation.

Yes.  It's like people want to make this a simple blame game of one or the other.  Obviously, Russia didn't cause inflation before the invasion. But, other things did, which have been pointed out multiple times to people who want to blame Biden for all the inflation.  But, Russia did cause the most recent spike in gas prices.  

I find it interesting that since the invasion, we have seen some people heavily criticize Biden for still accepting Russian gas and oil till he decided to ban it.  Then after he banned those products, blame Biden for the spike in prices of those products.

It's typical party politics.

I just wish Trump hadn't cut all that oil production in 2020.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

It's interesting to see the deficit in R vs D administrations. 

Up during Bush 1

Down during Clinton

Up during Bush 2

Down during Obama (after an initial large increase in spending due to the recession)

Up during Trump (and I'll give him a pass in 2020 due to the pandemic)

Down so far under Biden

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's interesting to see the deficit in R vs D administrations. 

Up during Bush 1

Down during Clinton

Up during Bush 2

Down during Obama (after an initial large increase in spending due to the recession)

Up during Trump (and I'll give him a pass in 2020 due to the pandemic)

Down so far under Biden

What world event happened under bush 1?   Clinton admin did great with debt and had the tech revolution to boot.  Unfortunately led to a bubble which leads us to Bush 2 and a couple world events happened along with the recession.  Obama had the extra spending because of the recession and began to normalize that spending.  Trump had the tax cuts which always lead to an initial increase in debt (different than a spending increase as it’s gov giving us back our own money) and long term decrease if things work out well.  Unfortunately Covid got in the way.   Biden really had no where to go but down.   Hope the trend continues on the same trajectory it went up.   

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What world event happened under bush 1?   Clinton admin did great with debt and had the tech revolution to boot.  Unfortunately led to a bubble which leads us to Bush 2 and a couple world events happened along with the recession.  Obama had the extra spending because of the recession and began to normalize that spending.  Trump had the tax cuts which always lead to an initial increase in debt (different than a spending increase as it’s gov giving us back our own money) and long term decrease if things work out well.  Unfortunately Covid got in the way.   Biden really had no where to go but down.   Hope the trend continues on the same trajectory it went up.   

Bulls#!t. Our resident expert @Archy1221 told us ylthat nothing matters except who is in charge wjlhen these things happen. Quit making excuses for your party's poor record on spending.

• Plus1 5
36 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Bulls#!t. Our resident expert @Archy1221 told us ylthat nothing matters except who is in charge wjlhen these things happen. Quit making excuses for your party's poor record on spending.

Actually nothing I said was bulls#!t.  It was all factual, unless you would like to provide what was not.   All presidents and the Party in charge of the house own their debt.  I never said otherwise.   Quit whining about facts. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

58 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Actually nothing I said was bulls#!t.  It was all factual, unless you would like to provide what was not.   All presidents and the Party in charge of the house own their debt.  I never said otherwise.   Quit whining about facts. 

The facts are the Republicans party is nothing but a bunch of frauds who bi+ch about spending while democrats decrease deficits and then spend like drunken sailors while they hold the reigns. 

Your attempt to justify their record is laughable at best. It comes across like some whiny millennial explaining why they still live in momas basement. 

Per your usual playbook when challenged I fully expect you to pull some version of the victim card next. Maybe try something more original this time. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The facts are the Republicans party is nothing but a bunch of frauds who bi+ch about spending while democrats decrease deficits and then spend like drunken sailors while they hold the reigns. 

Your attempt to justify their record is laughable at best. It comes across like some whiny millennial explaining why they still live in momas basement. 

Per your usual playbook when challenged I fully expect you to pull some version of the victim card next. Maybe try something more original this time. 

Really weird post by you.    I asked for you to point out an inaccuracy and you just spewed a word salad of anger towards your Republican boogeyman :ahhhhhhhh.     Weird.   

So in my original post, I gave credit to Bill Clinton on the debt, gave credit for Obama for starting to normalize some of the initial spending from 2008/early 2009.   Pointed out two wars took place during the Bush war machine presidencies and Tax cuts I don’t think ever immediately reduce the debt ( by the way, giving us our money back is a good thing hint hint).  

sheesh, hate to see what you’d say if I gave a compliment to Biden about taking the political arrows in getting out of Afghanistan (even though it was a cluster while doing it).   That rant would probably be epic.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Really weird post by you.    I asked for you to point out an inaccuracy and you just spewed a word salad of anger towards your Republican boogeyman :ahhhhhhhh.     Weird.   

So in my original post, I gave credit to Bill Clinton on the debt, gave credit for Obama for starting to normalize some of the initial spending from 2008/early 2009.   Pointed out two wars took place during the Bush war machine presidencies and Tax cuts I don’t think ever immediately reduce the debt ( by the way, giving us our money back is a good thing hint hint).  

sheesh, hate to see what you’d say if I gave a compliment to Biden about taking the political arrows in getting out of Afghanistan (even though it was a cluster while doing it).   That rant would probably be epic.  

Your cognitive dissonance or just plain rejection of reality is ridiculous. You sit on here for days at a time arguing until you are blue in the face that Biden owns gas prices and inflation, because he is the President as they happen. 

Then at the first chance you argue and make excuses indicating the Republicans Presidents aren't responsible for the crap that happened during their admins. 

I could respect your opinions if you could be consistent. But you're not. You expect to argue out both sides of your mouth and not ever be called out for it. 

Either world event impact and create issues beyond a Presidents control or they don't. Choose one and stick to it. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

This post.. It seems like angst and venting.  

Put down the redbull and regroup tomorrow. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The facts are what?  Come on now, take it easy there.

• Plus1 3