Biden's America

12 minutes ago, admo said:

If you read the previous link called "gasbuddy" it clearly claims what we all knew would eventually happen - "In late February and March, drivers began to see the end of low, pandemic-induced gas prices."

Did you not read it?  I thought you would like it, my bad.

However, if you want to read about the Biden Administration policies raising energy costs that affected the price at the pump, here is a list of 25 of them. All things prior to Russia invading Ukraine (gas spike). It's a great read.

https://americansforprosperity.org/biden-policies-raising-gas-prices/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/americans-for-prosperity/%3famp=1

Questionable source.  Good try though.  I also see you're struggling with the concept of correlation does not imply causation.  Besides from the graphs you posted didn't gas prices start rising in May of 2020?  I mean if we're going to play that game.   

Maybe you're pointing your finger in the wrong direction.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/americans-for-prosperity/%3famp=1

Questionable source.  Good try though.  I also see you're struggling with the concept of correlation does not imply causation.  Besides from the graphs you posted didn't gas prices start rising in May of 2020?  I mean if we're going to play that game.   

Maybe you're pointing your finger in the wrong direction.  

You use google and twitter for sources? Eww.  No wonder.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’ve provided an article by an advisor to the treasury secretary under Obama about inflation being a Joe problem.  Either you didn’t read it or just don’t like what it says or being intentionally dense. 

Joe owns the gas prices.  It’s happening under his watch and those in power with suffer the electoral consequences.  Why is Biden saying Putin is responsible for inflation and high prices?   The Russian invasion hasn’t been going on since summer of 2021 that I am aware of.  

I guess these are the arguments you have to use since your political party has no platform. I suppose conjuring up problems, like CRT, or blaming Democrats for worldwide problems is all you have left. 

Biden is saying Putin is causing inflation for political purposes, although not entirely inaccurately. The War in Ukraine is very likely to make inflation already high, run even higher than it would've been absent the invasion. Inflation was high prior to the invasion for a variety of reasons entirely outside the control of any one person, government, or country: supply chain bottlenecks, rapid economic recovery, low interest rates, labor force participation in certain industries, just in time delivery, etc.

Inflation is a Joe political problem, not a Joe caused problem. But, as explained to you and other conservative posters many times, if worldwide inflation was caused by Joe Biden, you are more than welcome to post comprehensive analysis stating as such. I'd personally love to know how Biden is responsible for the inflation rate in EU member states, China, Mexico, etc. 

• Plus1 2

Biden did not cause inflation, he's merely the President when events prior to and during his tenure produced inflation.

Biden's task is to mitigate inflation as much as possible. That's his problem, but not one of his creation. Huge key point.

But the honest conversationers who just happen to show up during Biden's term while conveniently ignoring the s#!t-show that was the four years prior won't care about that distinction. They're just here to lob firebombs and claim reasonableness.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
56 minutes ago, admo said:

If you read the previous link called "gasbuddy" it clearly claims what we all knew would eventually happen - "In late February and March, drivers began to see the end of low, pandemic-induced gas prices."

Did you not read it?  I thought you would like it, my bad.

However, if you want to read about the Biden Administration policies raising energy costs that affected the price at the pump, here is a list of 25 of them. All things prior to Russia invading Ukraine (gas spike). It's a great read.

https://americansforprosperity.org/biden-policies-raising-gas-prices/

There's some pretty funny ones on that list.

3 hours ago, admo said:

This is Biden's America thread, is it not?  Should I have posted it in Russia thread? 

I am not sure why anyone would feel upset about a link to current gas prices.

Although, Biden literally said these gas prices are Russia's fault and it's their responsibility. Maybe I should have posted in Russia thread (and said "Putin's America").

I'm not upset at the post explaining gas prices, I'm calling out the laziness of the argument attributing the problem to Joe Biden.

It's hilarious that a party without a platform to address the problems in this country - of which there are many - instead tries to attempt the laziest gambit imaginable. Blame Biden for inflation even though it's a worldwide problem. It was painfully obvious that Republicans would do this and gullible followers of the MAGAverse would fall for it. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There's some pretty funny ones on that list.

It's like, does @admo realize Americans For Prosperity is a Koch Brothers funded political group? The very same Koch Brothers who got their wealth from the Oil and Gas industry?

He's recycling talking points from the the premiere climate denying group profiting the most from this current situation.

• Plus1 4
12 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's like, does @admo realize Americans For Prosperity is a Koch Brothers funded political group? The very same Koch Brothers who got their wealth from the Oil and Gas industry?

He's recycling talking points from the the premiere climate denying group profiting the most from this current situation.

Gas prices are at an all-time high with Joe Biden as pres, but hey :movegoalpost:

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, admo said:

Gas prices are at an all-time high with Joe Biden as pres, but hey :movegoalpost:

Covid happened under TFG, so by this logic you should be blaming the worldwide economic crash and privations of the last two years on the bloated orange cheeto.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Biden did not cause inflation, he's merely the President when events prior to and during his tenure produced inflation.

Biden's task is to mitigate inflation as much as possible. That's his problem, but not one of his creation. Huge key point.

But the honest conversationers who just happen to show up during Biden's term while conveniently ignoring the s#!t-show that was the four years prior won't care about that distinction. They're just here to lob firebombs and claim reasonableness.

Or victimhood.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, admo said:

What?  You mean drivers weren’t driving in 2020 and did that cause the gas prices to go down?  

And, they started driving again in 2021?  I’m assuming that caused demand to go up. Did it?  

Damn….now I really wish Trump hadn’t decreased production so much in 2020. 

He should have just kept pumping. 

• Plus1 1