Biden's America

On 3/2/2022 at 6:33 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Joe Biden wrapped up his speech last night by saying the State of the Union is stronger than ever because of the American people's resolve.

That's a guaranteed applause line, but boy did it hit me wrong.

Considering Ukraine and much of the outside world, Americans are the most whiny a$$ b!^@hes on the planet, and insist on squandering our wealth and opportunity for the most self-absorbed and small-minded reasons possible. 

Agree. “State of the union is stronger than ever”? Bulls#!t.  They all feel compelled to say that but it doesn’t stand up to a simple fact check.

We need look no farther than the collective body of our elected representatives. They represent the people, and are representative of them too. Supposedly the best and brightest of us. Let that sink in.  The American people are a clusterf#&% and their resolve is s#!t.

• Plus1 3

58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Big if true.

This is huge...I just wonder how much will be shed and if these gains will be remembered when the market contracts due to the invasion of Ukraine by Russia. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Agree. “State of the union is stronger than ever”? Bulls#!t.  They all feel compelled to say that but it doesn’t stand up to a simple fact check.

We need look no farther than the collective body of our elected representatives. They represent the people, and are representative of them too. Supposedly the best and brightest of us. Let that sink in.  The American people are a clusterf#&% and their resolve is s#!t.

maybe i am remembering his words wrong...but i thought he said the state of the union is stronger now than t was a year ago....and will be better in another year.   not that it was the best it's ever been   maybe it's a small point....but just pointing it out.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, commando said:

maybe i am remembering his words wrong...but i thought he said the state of the union is stronger now than t was a year ago....and will be better in another year.   not that it was the best it's ever been   maybe it's a small point....but just pointing it out.

TBH I don’t know how he worded it. But if he used state of the union and strong in any form, he was wrong. My comments are much more about the state of our country and the politics we currently have than it is about anything Biden has done or said. We’re not in a good place imo.

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree. The recent approval ratings bump is likely a Rally Around the Flag effect Americans are feeling right now. 

By May, when gas is 75 cents higher on average and summer demand amps up, the average American will be upset at rising prices and the electoral position of Democrats will suffer. 

Also, the current Republican pressure, shared even by some Democrats, to end Russian oil and gas exports is bait. They're practically frothing at the mouth to ban gas imports and to blame Biden/Democrats for the corresponding rise in prices.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I agree. The recent approval ratings bump is likely a Rally Around the Flag effect Americans are feeling right now. 

By May, when gas is 75 cents higher in average and summer demand amps up, the average American will be upset at rising prices and the electoral position of Democrats will suffer. 

Also, the current Republican pressure, shared even by some Democrats, to end Russian oil and gas exports is bait. They're frothing at the mouth to ban gas imports and to blame Biden/Democrats for the rise in prices.

I just posted the same in the Russia thread, probably should have posted it here. Being hard on Russia is a win-win for R's. Gas and Food prices will be sky high this summer and will burry the Dems. 

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I just posted the same in the Russia thread, probably should have posted it here. Being hard on Russia is a win-win for R's. Gas and Food prices will be sky high this summer and will burry the Dems. 

Exactly. Americans are horrified at the deaths of Ukrainian civilians, the likely displacement of millions more all caused by a megalomaniac and murderous dictator.

But they will be more horrified of $4.50 gas and steak that goes up a dollar at their favorite restaurant.

• Plus1 1
On 3/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

Possibly, but there's something to be said about biting the hand that feeds. Many in the GOP are supported by Russian money and Oligarchs who have their hands so far up their a** that douchecanoes like Cruuuuuuuuz taste Preparation H constantly. 

• Plus1 3

Wish we could party like it's 1999 (prince reference)

This is current US fuel prices while Joe Biden is in office.  If you look at the graft, you will see the US gas prices have never been this high, except for the days when B.Obama was in office (another democratic pres).  As if no one knew it was coming again, under Joe Biden :laughpound

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, admo said:

Wish we could party like it's 1999 (prince reference)

This is current US fuel prices while Joe Biden is in office.  If you look at the graft, you will see the US gas prices have never been this high, except for the days when B.Obama was in office (another democratic pres).  As if no one knew it was coming again, under Joe Biden :laughpound

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

Hmmm….wonder if there’s anything happening around the world in the last 2 to 3 years that have affected gas prices that are out of the presidents control. 

• Plus1 3