Who should be our starting QB?

Moiraine

Who should be our starting QB?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, deedsker said:

AM had a couple of really nice play/throws on the first drive, but then it devolved from there. One play we missed picking up a middle linebacker who came right through the middle of the line and AM stopped his rollout and side armed a perfect ball to the receiver. He make some plays, but then he can't even throw a swing pass in step:dunno

Completely agree - Martinez lacks the necessary 'touch' on swing or bubble passes and its even worse on crossing routes or throws down the field. 

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think Frost showed that LM is going to be the QB going forward when he put LM in to try and win the game against NW.

I think this is pretty accurate.  

Luke does some things well, he plays fast, from the end of one play to the start of another.  

He runs well but he is small AF still and it shows when he tries to finish runs.

I doubt putting Luke in was an "I've had it with Adrian forever" moment for Frost. Highly doubt it.

I think he put Luke for the reason he gave - to see if Luke could give the offense a different spark. I find it unlikely that Frost walked into the office on Monday morning thinking "Luke's my guy from this point forward."

It's probably an actual open competition this week where the best guy in practice gets the job.

• Plus1 1

I could definitely see something like "Luke gave us a spark last week so he's going to start but Adrian will play the second quarter and we'll go from there" scenario.

Only issue with that is that's the exact scenario that got Frost booed so he might not want to put someone else in the same position.

I think there are still enough small issues that are holding Luke back that make it not as clear of a "we're going a different direction" as many people like to think.  I think Luke will be more involved, just not sure he'll get the first snap. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I could definitely see something like "Luke gave us a spark last week so he's going to start but Adrian will play the second quarter and we'll go from there" scenario.

Only issue with that is that's the exact scenario that got Frost booed so he might not want to put someone else in the same position.

I think there are still enough small issues that are holding Luke back that make it not as clear of a "we're going a different direction" as many people like to think.  I think Luke will be more involved, just not sure he'll get the first snap. 

Yep I agree.  I think the coaches are shouldering a lot of the blame for the poor offensive performance last week but there's not sugar coating it AM was pretty bad last week and he seems to be on thin ice now.  If he has another really poor performance I could see a change being made.  

7 minutes ago, Farms said:

Yep I agree.  I think the coaches are shouldering a lot of the blame for the poor offensive performance last week but there's not sugar coating it AM was pretty bad last week and he seems to be on thin ice now.  If he has another really poor performance I could see a change being made.  

I think you pretty much completely misinterpreted what Mavric just said, to be honest.

25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

One scenario I can see McCaffrey coming out for the opening snap is if Frost decides we're ready to run tempo to start the game 

44 minutes ago, TheSker said:

One scenario I can see McCaffrey coming out for the opening snap is if Frost decides we're ready to run tempo to start the game 

I ask in earnest: What evidence is there that Luke is somehow more capable of running faster tempo than Adrian?

If that evidence exists I can't think of which game(s) that was.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Well we at least would not have to worry about this this year.