Who should be our starting QB?

Moiraine

Who should be our starting QB?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Why did Luke have the more talented personnel on the field and Adrian didn't?

No disrespect to Levi Falck, or Cade Warner,  but Betts, and Fleming are simply better options at the X and Z receiver spots.  the latter pair did rotate in during Martinez's time, but there were too many obvious passing situations where they were on the sideline.  Obviously Falck and Warner are the more experienced pair, but when you're in win at all costs mode, which we certainly should be, experience has to give way to talent.

• Plus1 3

This might be the wrong thread but I’m a lot more concerned with so many more things other than who the starting QB is. Coaching, play calling, game planning, in game adjustments, refusal to use the running backs, lack of offensive production outside of quarterback keepers, apparent lack of an effective receiver corps and any credible deep threat......what ever the hell they are doing at halftime that clearly isn’t working. But yeah, Luke looks to be the horse to ride.

• Fire 3
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This might be the wrong thread but I’m a lot more concerned with so many more things other than who the starting QB is. Coaching, play calling, game planning, in game adjustments, refusal to use the running backs, lack of offensive production outside of quarterback keepers, apparent lack of an effective receiver corps and any credible deep threat......what ever the hell they are doing at halftime that clearly isn’t working. But yeah, Luke looks to be the horse to ride.

Agreed on the first 90%. I’m not as down on AM as I am about the frustration with gameplan and coaching decisions. At some point, all the hype with the Husker Power needs to be showcased and let our big line put a defense on their backsides.

8 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Agreed on the first 90%. I’m not as down on AM as I am about the frustration with gameplan and coaching decisions. At some point, all the hype with the Husker Power needs to be showcased and let our big line put a defense on their backsides.

I’m not too down on 2AM either. That was my point. Sure he didn’t look too sharp with his throwing or decision making today but how much of that was due to poor play calling and WR performance. I also wonder how much pressure he’s getting to not bail out of the called pass plays that is making him hesitant to run when it’s needed.

But there is also pretty much the entirety of last season that makes ya wonder if it’s not time to change horses. I just think we have many more dire concerns than if we play our first best overall offensive player or our second best. The reasons we’re underperforming and losing lie elsewhere.

• Plus1 1

IMHO, AM has been given every opportunity to succeed at Nebraska and he has not. He shows sparks of brilliance but they are very few and far between. It is time to develop the freshmen players and invest in the next four years. This season is done...we will be lucky to win one or two games. So, if I were Frost, I would start all the freshmen that we recruited or the players that transferred so we can give them experience heading into next year. Moreover, if other talented recruits see that we are playing freshmen and letting them start, we will more likely be able to recruit this talent. That is our only selling point right now given that this team is not relevant and has no identity or swagger. I thought by now Frost would right this sinking ship but instead he has done very little to impress and left us with many questions regarding the unprecedented number of players transferring out. My only hope is that he receives Devine inspiration.

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

One thing that doesn't get talked about enough is the abysmal job Verduzco has done with Martinez. 

I get that people like him because he's wacky, but based on job performance he needs to be let go yesterday.

I'm willing to give him a chance with another QB.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

One thing that doesn't get talked about enough is the abysmal job Verduzco has done with Martinez. 

I get that people like him because he's wacky, but based on job performance he needs to be let go yesterday.

I never like comments like this because they make so many assumptions.  You’re pinning AMs performance on his coach.

The same thing was done with Taylor Martinez and Tommy Armstrong.  In my opinion they just were not good QBs.  It’s easier to say their coaches “didn’t develop” them.

Taking too long to get rid of the ball, rushing throws into tight coverage, poor ball placement and staring down receivers are the a sign of poor QB play.

QBs like Trevor Lawrence, Tua Tagovailoa, DJ Uiagalelei and McKenzie Milton all played at a high level as true freshman.  If we are honest with ourselves, how much “development” could a coach do with a true freshman QB?  They show up to campus with “it”.

Development is only of value when you have the skills to be successful.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

A lot of these coaches, especially one in particular on the defensive side of the football needed to be gone yesterday

• Plus1 1