What is the future of the Republican Party?

What an absolute three ring clusterf#&% circus. No, not surprising in the least.

Who in their right mind can even imagine this party is capable of functioning? Rs are a effin joke. Utterly and completely dysfunctional.

I know it will never happen but the Ds should throw some support to a R speaker to keep the far right zanies from demanding more concessions to get the speaker votes needed. As is, the crazy holdouts are going to end up getting gavels and rule changes in exchange for their vote. If the dems would side with some R, even McCarthy, they could take some power away from the fringe. But it won’t happen.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What an absolute three ring clusterf#&% circus. No, not surprising in the least.

Who in their right mind can even imagine this party is capable of functioning? Rs are a effin joke. Utterly and completely dysfunctional.

I know it will never happen but the Ds should throw some support to a R speaker to keep the far right zanies from demanding more concessions to get the speaker votes needed. As is, the crazy holdouts are going to end up getting gavels and rule changes in exchange for their vote. If the dems would side with some R, even McCarthy, they could take some power away from the fringe. But it won’t happen.

It's a lot easier to understand Republicans if you ask yourself: what what a person vote for if they had absolutely no shame whatsoever? 

That's modern Conservatism in a nutshell. There is no substance, just made up issues to manufacture outrage. The upcoming 'End the woke Hunter Biden fentanyl laced laptop crisis at the wide open trans-border Act of 2023' should be evidence enough that they aren't serious and never should be taken seriously. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

the freedom caucus aka the chaos caucus is the real joke.   i believe there are some decent republicans but they won't stand against the fringe elements of the party.   worth remembering the desantis was a member of the freedom caucus when he was there.

5 minutes ago, commando said:

the freedom caucus aka the chaos caucus is the real joke.   i believe there are some decent republicans but they won't stand against the fringe elements of the party.   worth remembering the desantis was a member of the freedom caucus when he was there.

It would be very easy for the more moderate Rs (if there are any) to stand up to the far right freedom caucus. They could start withholding their speaker votes in opposition to the ridiculous demands of the far right members. But they won’t because the whole party is beyond broken. Any R that votes for McCarthy now is just as culpable as the whackos.

I’m pretty sure it has now been proven that democracy, as we do it in the US, is a failure. There has to be a better way to govern. When you have to capitulate to the whims of the minority fringe to get anything done, that wouldn’t appear to be sustainable.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

It would be very easy for the more moderate Rs (if there are any) to stand up to the far right freedom caucus. They could start withholding their speaker votes in opposition to the ridiculous demands of the far right members. But they won’t because the whole party is beyond broken. Any R that votes for McCarthy now is just as culpable as the whackos.

I’m pretty sure it has now been proven that democracy, as we do it in the US, is a failure. There has to be a better way to govern. When you have to capitulate to the whims of the minority fringe to get anything done, that wouldn’t appear to be sustainable.

It is pretty bad when Marge (mtg) is considered the moderate one in this mess. She supports the guy because she wants some plum committee chair position 

• Thanks 1