Who Is Coming Back?

ladyhawke

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

No.  But what reason would you have to doubt him in this case?

The fact that most went through Senior Day festivities, except Culp, leads me to believe he is coming back while others aren't.   I could believe some would be welcomed back of course but with the propensity Frost has shown already to encourage kids to move along in normal years it only makes sense that would continue here.

• Plus1 2
Just now, runningblind said:

The fact that most went through Senior Day festivities, except Culp, leads me to believe he is coming back while others aren't.   I could believe some would be welcomed back of course but with the propensity Frost has shown already to encourage kids to move along in normal years it only makes sense that would continue here.

Whether or not they went through Senior Day activities has no bearing on whether Frost would welcome them back or not.  It might be an indication that they are *not* coming back but not on whether they are able to or not.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Is there a date decisions need to be made by?

If there isn’t an impending deadline, it might be beneficial for everyone not entering the draft to go through Spring Ball.  Players get a free semester and a good idea of where everyone stands for the fall.

Could players take part in Spring practices and still participate in Husker Pro Day for scouts looking at free agents?

55 minutes ago, Huskadeez said:

JoJo is probably one of the least likely to return 

We can speculate all we want but until he announces, even the guys on the inside don't really know.  JoJo isn't projected highly, if at all by some sites.  There is a really good chance he is looking at free agent deals.  However, if he comes back next year and shows strong, he would have a real shot to improve his standing.  I'm sure he is considering the pros and cons with both possibilities.  I wouldn't fault him either way but I sure hope he comes back.    

Unless he gets drafted, I think Mills is the only one who could potentially benefit from an extra year. No NFL team gives UFA RBs a true shot unless they’re hurting on depth, and you’d have to land on one of the two teams who did it this year. Jacksonville and Miami. 

The emotional aspect of making the NFL is priceless for a competitor, just need to figure out the business aspect. Roughly $200,000 to be a practice player, cut that in half after taxes and fees vs maybe a full season of productivity, start into graduate school, earn NIL income, and *maybe* find yourself in the later rounds next year. 

I just don’t see any non-Frost or non-Nebraska guys coming back.

• Plus1 1

Jojo is interesting. If his goal is the NFL I would think he would be gone. He'd be 24 by the time his NFL career started if he leaves this year, 25 next year. That would put him in the top 5% for oldest guys in the draft, and he's not a supreme talent so it would hurt him. I also don't think there would much he would put on film in an extra year that would move him up anyones board too much. 

But, sometimes guys are motivated by other things. 

• Plus1 2

JoJo may just want to come back to enjoy the atmosphere he missed out on this year. His NFL stock isnt high this year and yes, he would be older next year, but even with the age, it probably wouldn't drop barring injury. Selfishly, as a fan, I would love to see him N. He is/was my favorite defensive player this season.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, uberism said:

JoJo, Honas and Stille are likely coming back. They all need another good season to get drafted. Right now they would go UDFA. You make a lot more money by getting drafted than you do going as a UDFA. 

Is this a guess or have you read/heard anything. You are the second poster who mentioned JoJo coming back.

9 minutes ago, uberism said:

JoJo, Honas and Stille are likely coming back. They all need another good season to get drafted. Right now they would go UDFA. You make a lot more money by getting drafted than you do going as a UDFA. 

4 minutes ago, HANC said:

Is this a guess or have you read/heard anything. You are the second poster who mentioned JoJo coming back.

There are situations where it makes sense to come back for another year, but I can't see how being a fringe player who is a year older at 23+ benefits them when teams could draft/give an UDFA contract to a similar caliber player at 20/21 years old.

Now, if they want to come back because they love college football, want the experience then great.  But I think the draft talk for all but Jaimes this year, maybe CTB if he goes, is most likely a moot point.