Updated Face Covering Policy In Effect Through September 30

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Got it. Hopefully we won't have to make those choices when Northwestern and Michigan come to town. 

The way we're going with hospitalizations and people not getting vaccinated, we may not have a choice and public attendance at games will be shut down again. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, ThroughTheseGates said:

Not sure I agree. People who are that concerned about COVID likely aren’t going to a game whether mask mandates are in place or not.

Actually, for me, it isn’t really a mask issue. I’m pretty much done going to any football game in August or September when temp is expected to be over about 75 degrees. In October or November I may gladly wear a mask just to help keep my face warm.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think all the tickets have already been sold. Attendance is not the same as selling out the seats.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The way I understand it, there are still some that aren't sold.  And...I am very well aware of the bolded.

Alberts just said yesterday he wasn't going to announce anything too early, but encouraged fans to buy tickets as they are not all sold yet.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-Huskers-football-Trev-Alberts-169686930/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think all the tickets have already been sold. Attendance is not the same as selling out the seats.

There were ads running on the radio yesterday for NU ticket packages

THe games are not all sold out. They said they had tickets for - Fordham, Buffalo, NW, Purdue and IOWA. Only sold out games are OSU and Michigan

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 1:29 PM, Decoy73 said:

A properly worn mask(s) is more effective than you think.  Especially if you double up.  Surgical mask under a cloth mask.  But, not if it’s 95.  I’ll stay home in the AC.  But in any case, as I stated, I’m not sure I will want to even go with the rising numbers.  

How effective is it? How do we verify the effectiveness of a properly worn mask? 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, irafreak said:

How effective is it? How do we verify the effectiveness of a properly worn mask? 

Well I think the post you're referring to was arguing about the effectiveness of wearing a mask to prevent from receiving, which I don't know much about, but the primary use of a mask is to protect from spreading, and there's a very easy way to test the effectiveness.

Take a swig of water and spit it out with as much force as you can. Now, do the same thing with a mask on and see how much less volume and distance you get on your water spray.

• Plus1 4
32 minutes ago, irafreak said:

It’s a barrier.  It’s near impossible to measure the absolute effectiveness of masks, but knowing how viruses are transmitted it’s logical to deduce that the more barrier there is to inhalation or mucus membrane contact with infected droplets, the safer one is.  That barrier can be physical like masks and plexiglass or it can be simple distance.  

• Plus1 2
On 8/26/2021 at 11:31 AM, JJ Husker said:

Maybe it’s just me but I am over wearing a mask. Anywhere it is required will be a place I don’t go. I wore a mask religiously, was down for about 5 weeks with Covid in March/April, am now fully vaccinated and will be getting a booster in the next month or two. I am not concerned at all about Covid at this point. If it gets me again, it gets me again. The very last thing I would do is go to a game in 90 degree heat and wear a mask.

As someone who has had Covid twice before getting vaccinated, you don't want to get it again. The second time has permanently exacerbated my allergies to wear my ears feel plugged a lot of the time and I've had to get on serious allergy medication that I never had to take before in my life. I wish anyone who isn't scared of Covid-19 well because it's not messing around no matter how immune you think you may be or over wearing a mask you are. The pandemic virus doesn't care. GBR

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, NoHoHusker said:

As someone who has had Covid twice before getting vaccinated, you don't want to get it again. The second time has permanently exacerbated my allergies to wear my ears feel plugged a lot of the time and I've had to get on serious allergy medication that I never had to take before in my life. I wish anyone who isn't scared of Covid-19 well because it's not messing around no matter how immune you think you may be or over wearing a mask you are. The pandemic virus doesn't care. GBR

That’s interesting. I’ve heard of a lot of things that Covid can jack up but I had not necessarily heard of anyone acquiring worse side effects from a second infection after vaccination.

It still doesn’t change my attitude too much. I was as careful as could be before I got it and still did. I just figure if I stay up to date vaxxed and use some common sense, Ive done what I can do. The problem is the people that aren’t doing the simple things they could be doing, like getting vaccinated. I tend to mostly avoid crowds anyway so its not like Im putting myself in high risk situations.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s interesting. I’ve heard of a lot of things that Covid can jack up but I had not necessarily heard of anyone acquiring worse side effects from a second infection after vaccination.

It still doesn’t change my attitude too much. I was as careful as could be before I got it and still did. I just figure if I stay up to date vaxxed and use some common sense, Ive done what I can do. The problem is the people that aren’t doing the simple things they could be doing, like getting vaccinated. I tend to mostly avoid crowds anyway so its not like Im putting myself in high risk situations.

You got COVID cuz you live in Colorida, or Florirado :lol: