*** The Official Nebraska @ Illinois Game Thread ***

knapplc

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

The Last time we played Illinois we were down 21-7. We came back second half and ended up winning 42-38.  We got a whole lotta football to play. However, Martinez is not the guy. Frost needs to put in the other guys we have on the roster for qb. 

Actually the last time we played Illinois they stomped a mud hole in our asses.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

The reality is we are not going to get anyone good. This program is dead. 

That’s not true. We just won’t get a name. 

Frankly, I’d be fine bringing Bohl in with a goal to just to get us back to .500 consistently, and then when he has his fill, we get someone that can build on his work. 

Kind of like Kill and Fleck at Minnesota. Kill was never going to be a long-term coach because of his health. But he righted the ship and it allowed them to get a quality(ish) hire. 

I can't stand gutless football players.  Most of that sort seem to be coach's pets.  This may be the problem here (for several years), coupled with the fact that WE HAVE NO DEPTH AT QB, as in AM is so secure in his job that going the extra mile means nothing to him.

Just now, cheekygeek said:

Nebraska home boy Heinrich Haarberg can be the real deal, but he is a true freshman and I'm sure they want to redshirt him. I heard Verduzco was changing Logan Smothers throwing motion, and that he wasn't doing that well with it. Can anybody confirm?

Heinrich has a strong arm but poor accuracy from everything I've heard. The fact that Smothers was taking snaps with the 2s tells you all you need to know

24 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Nebraska home boy Heinrich Haarberg can be the real deal, but he is a true freshman and I'm sure they want to redshirt him. I heard Verduzco was changing Logan Smothers throwing motion, and that he wasn't doing that well with it. Can anybody confirm?

I can confirm that anything Verdusco touches belongs in a landfill

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

That’s not true. We just won’t get a name. 

Frankly, I’d be fine bringing Bohl in with a goal to just to get us back to .500 consistently, and then when he has his fill, we get someone that can build on his work. 

Kind of like Kill and Fleck at Minnesota. Kill was never going to be a long-term coach because of his health. But he righted the ship and it allowed them to get a quality(ish) hire. 

I would rather cut the program than settle for another .500 hire.