Fordham Week Pressers

Cdog923

31 minutes ago, Undone said:

I care about winning games. And whatever Frost is doing right now isn't winning games. Hopefully everybody's on the same page on that point.

Here are the coaches trying to get on the same page.

200.gif

BTW, I believe that is our even D front playbook.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Now that the "media" has shown it will use Frost's words against him.  I wouldn't blame him if he were to be rather curt with some of his responses going forward.  Can we all agree that we've beat this whole "half the playbook" quote to death?  dedhoarse

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe time to do some spin control.  Get a unified message from all of the staff.  Specific scripted talking points if you will.  Right now there is a lot swirling around.  Most people, myself included, will start to hear bits and pieces that fit into their version of whats going on, whats happening, what they hope to see happen.  Somethings I think are more "factual" than not:

There still appears to be a culture issue on the team-Lack of work ethic comes to mind (from staff/players?)

We are still in year 4 void of depth at skill positions (potential high).  But if the potential never plays it will never develop.  We will then have "less talented" players playing and will continue to lose.  

We still make stupid mistakes.

We still make stupid penalties.

We can't seem to get the hell out of our own way.........

And I am unsure how to fix any of the above.  Unsure if the staff does either.

To the point of playing less talented guys, I always look at our recruit rankings and see that we are usually in the top 5-6 class wise in the B1G.  What is our actual starting roster though?  If we have walk-ons sprinkled throughout the O, D and ST's are the "talented" kids even playing or are they just in the roster, but not contributing?  In a nutshell are we actually playing the "best" guys?

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If we can also agree that he never ever should have said that out loud….twice.

He now probably wishes he hadn't.  But it's a great example of how when you're down, many will "kick you" by taking anything you say or do in order to get a headline or fit it to whatever narrative they want to push.

Why can't we just focus on week 1 to week 2 improvement and how that's going to look.  In many area's, there's clearly room for it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

He now probably wishes he hadn't.  But it's a great example of how when you're down, many will "kick you" by taking anything you say or do in order to get a headline or fit it to whatever narrative they want to push.

Why can't we just focus on week 1 to week 2 improvement and how that's going to look.  In many area's, there's clearly room for it.

I’m sorry but Im already beyond even considering week to week improvement, especially with Fordham up next. I’m not calling for his head but I am numb and have lost all confidence. I can’t imagine a scenario where Frost deservingly survives to next season. He might make it simply as a cost saving measure. Either way we’re stuck with crappy football for the foreseeable future and I’m convinced his remaining days here are numbered. Just trying to have some fun with it without becoming an insufferable d!(k.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m sorry but Im already beyond even considering week to week improvement, especially with Fordham up next. I’m not calling for his head but I am numb and have lost all confidence. I can’t imagine a scenario where Frost deservingly survives to next season. He might make it simply as a cost saving measure. Either way we’re stuck with crappy football for the foreseeable future and I’m convinced his remaining days here are numbered. Just trying to have some fun with it without becoming an insufferable d!(k.

Yep and the thing is that this is so easy to fix.

The west is horrible and average boring mistake free football pretty much wins you the division.  One offensive stud and/or a "fair" schedule of cross over games and you you are winning the division with ease.

Gus Malzahn is winning the West 75% of the time, period.  And that is just assuming he recruits like most NU coaches have, 20-25. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Pretty sure it's been close to 37 weeks going on four years that I've been waiting on week to week improvement

I get it, but...  It just seems to me like many, suprisingly, have given up hope and written off the season and HCSF's tenure already.  I didn't get that general feeling from fans prior to the season that playing IL was a make or break thing.   It seemed that many (on HB) were predicting at least 6 wins and this may be the season that we see how our improvements in size/physicality and experience get us to a bowl and make us more competitive in the West.  And then we loose the first game, albeit in a familiar frustrating fashion.  Now apparently we're done, Coach should be fired, we don't stand a chance against any good team,......

What happens if we win convincingly (as we should) the next two and then play competitively vs. OU?  Are we still doomed?  Or are we back to pre-season optimism?

If we do only manage to eek out a win Saturday and the following week and then get curb-stomped by OU, then yes the outlook is definitely bleak.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

He doesn’t wish he hadn’t- he bold face said it twice. Can you point to anything  smart that he had done or said? And why isn’t anyone talking about his extracurriculars?  They’re clearly affecting the program. It’s the worst kept secret ever. Much worse than Carl Pelini’s  escapades or that DB’s coach. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Hmmm

Lol..I kid, I kid

• Haha 1