Huskers open as 3 point underdogs at Michigan State 9/25

seaofred92

15 minutes ago, 308_Husker said:

Forecast (right now) is calling for 65 degrees and a 60% chance of rain. 

Special teams may play a bigger role in this than we really would like to care about.

Assuming this forecast is correct, we are going to need to really lean on strong line play if we expect to win. 

We're going to need to rely on what now? What kind of teams? You're not speaking my language here.

:lol:

• Haha 2
On 9/19/2021 at 5:18 PM, Cdog923 said:

Different coaching staff now, and Tucker seems to have Frost's number. 

I mean he’s 0-1 against Tucker so I’ll give Frost the benefit of the doubt.  Their team runs the ball well. We’re going to have to get in the backfield and make some tackles if we’re going to win this game. We can’t make the same ST and O mistakes again. Just can’t happen. MSU will eat the clock and ram it down our throats. And this is why I’ve been pining for a few run stoppers to step up (if we have any.)

34 minutes ago, FTW said:

I mean he’s 0-1 against Tucker so I’ll give Frost the benefit of the doubt.  Their team runs the ball well. We’re going to have to get in the backfield and make some tackles if we’re going to win this game. We can’t make the same ST and O mistakes again. Just can’t happen. MSU will eat the clock and ram it down our throats. And this is why I’ve been pining for a few run stoppers to step up (if we have any.)

Yea, I addressed that in a later comment; totally thought Tucker was there for both CU games. 

9 hours ago, 308_Husker said:

Forecast (right now) is calling for 65 degrees and a 60% chance of rain. 

Special teams may play a bigger role in this than we really would like to care about.

Assuming this forecast is correct, we are going to need to really lean on strong line play if we expect to win. 

Looks like the rain is supposed to be in the morning.  Current forecast is saying temps in the upper 50s at kickoff with light winds and less than 10% chance of precipitation.  Pretty much stellar football weather.  

If we're going to ride the arm of Martinez this game, I'm seeing a loss.  Despite an anemic ground game to this point, somehow we're going to have to come up with a push from the line.  I'm hoping against hope to see more progress here.  At sometime the youth on the line is going to start to mature.

If we can at least get to 2nd and 7, we can keep MSU on their heels.  Play action or option off that.  2nd and long in rainy weather with MSU knowing we're going to pass seems like a turnover factory in the making.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Looks like the rain is supposed to be in the morning.  Current forecast is saying temps in the upper 50s at kickoff with light winds and less than 10% chance of precipitation.  Pretty much stellar football weather.  

With stellar football weather we’re really going to have to rely on our line play and special teams if we are going to win. -_-

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

With stellar football weather we’re really going to have to rely on our line play and special teams if we are going to win. -_-

I actually think the better weather benefits us.  In the rain it would be our run game vs theirs which likely wouldn't go very well.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

f we can at least get to 2nd and 7, we can keep MSU on their heels.  Play action or option off that.  2nd and long in rainy weather with MSU knowing we're going to pass seems like a turnover factory in the making.  

I think you are right on here.  1st down on both sides of the ball will be key.  Whichever team can dominate first down will win the game I believe 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I actually think the better weather benefits us.  In the rain it would be our run game vs theirs which likely wouldn't go very well.  

I agree. I was just poking a bit of fun at the same comment if the weather was bad. Meaning; line play and special teams are always important.

• Plus1 1