*** Official Michigan State Game Thread ***

Mavric

I listen to the GM shuffle podcast and Michael Lombardi talks a lot about the middle 8 minutes of the game. The 4 minutes before and after half time. These really matter for setting the tone and can win games. It's all about either lining up two scoring opportunities for your team or preventing the other team from getting those two in a row if you aren't receiving in the second half. 

I don't agree with him on everything, but I do think this matters. We just slopped our way through the first 4 and if the offense doesn't come out and score in the 3rd quarter, we'll have 100% lost the middle 8. 

As many mistakes as we have made in the first half, we are only down by 3 at half and we get the ball back.

We have a huge opportunity to make a statement in the second half. This team has to dig deep and take that next step.

We have the better team. Go out there and execute and fix the mistakes and I think we get out of East Lansing with a win.

Just now, The Dude said:

Martinez seems completely incompetent at playing QB straight up in this type of offense but he can make some incredible things happen with his athleticism.  

He would have been a megastar if he played for Osborne or Solich or any coach who would be willing to play to his strengths.

Honestly if he had any faith in his OL he'd be just fine. 

1 minute ago, 308_Husker said:

As many mistakes as we have made in the first half, we are only down by 3 at half and we get the ball back.

We have a huge opportunity to make a statement in the second half. This team has to dig deep and take that next step.

We have the better team. Go out there and execute and fix the mistakes and I think we get out of East Lansing with a win.

This is so true.  Just like the Illinois game, it's obvious we have the better players.  We just absolutely refuse to play discipline football.