Michigan State Post-Game Presser

Mavric

Just watched Frost’s comments.  He literally said that the call was punt coverage right.  The punter kicked it left.  Is left and right different in Australia?  WTF?  How do we screw that up?  That could not be simpler.  Go right.  Go right.  HOW CAN YOU SCREW THAT UP????!!!????

It defies all logic that Nebraska’s special teams can cause so many losses.  JUST BE AVERAGE and NU has a dozen more wins the past 4 years. 

Absolutely unbelievable mistakes on special teams.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Husker4Real said:

Just watched Frost’s comments.  He literally said that the call was punt coverage right.  The punter kicked it left.  Is left and right different in Australia?  WTF?  How do we screw that up?  That could not be simpler.  Go right.  Go right.  HOW CAN YOU SCREW THAT UP????!!!????

It defies all logic that Nebraska’s special teams can cause so many losses.  JUST BE AVERAGE and NU has a dozen more wins the past 4 years. 

So where is the sideline, coaches, players, yelling RIGHT as it goes right?

4 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

So where is the sideline, coaches, players, yelling RIGHT as it goes right?

I can only imagine what Frost, Martinez, and all those guys on defense who busted their asses all night were thinking when the fu**ing special teams completely sold them out and lost the game by screwing up left vs. right.  I know they all say the right things to the media; but they all gotta be wishing they could go code red on the special teams. 

O-line is still young in my opinion. I do think they play hard but they are just young and get beat sometimes, what is more frustrating is that they beat themselves more than the other team beats them. I would have to believe that when they are seniors they will be pretty dang good. 

After listening to Frost post game he still cares, and there is still fight in him which I was beginning to wonder. I think that he is just incredibly frustrated because they go over the things that cost us the game in practice from what it sounds like he thinks that the coaches are doing the best job possible to correct it and it is still happening. 

The freaking body slam by our DT was a slap in the face to the fans and staff if you ask me I would have benched him for a long time after a intentional bone head play like that.  

11 hours ago, Husker4Real said:

Maybe he told him to drive it and he took it as driving a car.  Pretty sure they drive on the left side of the road in Australia 

14 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Greg Austin breathes a sigh of relief with this take.

The O Line is almost as bad as ST.

13 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Quit saying the offense is good. How many sacks did we take today?

I would say this was the Online's best game of the year. MSU did the exact opposite of OU and brought tons of pressure. Quite a few times they were sending 5 and 6 guys. I was a lot more pleased with blitz pickup and guys blocking LBs in the run game. There were still a lot of mistakes blocking (the number of penalties is inexcusable), but I actually see some improvement.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

I’m in no way saying the Oline was good.  However, they did enough to win the game.  An 11 play, 80 yard drive that took up 5-6 minutes of the 4th quarter SHOULD have been the game winner.  

Then the Special Teams struck again.  Again. 

And, lost in the abomination of the punt return for a TD was the fact that NU screwed up the ensuing kick return.  MSU was kicking off from  their own 20 after the personal foul penalty.  It could have been an opportunity to get plus field position against a tired defense.  What happened?  We fumble the catch.  The returner obviously didn’t know if he could fair catch after the bobble and he ends up returning it to the 18.  Only Nebraska special teams could turn a 15 yard penalty on the opponent into -7 yards for themselves. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Husker4Real said:

It not only went left but directly to the return-man on the left. He not only punted in the wrong direction but he also managed to do it poorly. I suspect that academy in Australia hoodwinked us, edited footage to make it seem like Cerni is significantly better than he is and leaving out that dude can't seem to follow basic directions.