Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

7 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Good thing Wandale and McCaffery and Spelman are already gone.

I count like 1.25 superstars here. 

But to be honest player management (i.e., figuring out how to best utilize guys, helping them when they become disgruntled, etc.) is one of the areas Frost has done worst at, IMO, so I'd think it likely most candidates would be an upgrade.

6 hours ago, admo said:

Hey got fired, had no job, Sarkisian left Alabama, an opening occurred at OC, he got picked up.  Woo Hoo, let's hire him to bring greatness back to Nebraska.  Just think about it.

If you think Saban just blindly hires OCs then you are completely lost.  

Surprised Mike Gundy hasn’t been mentioned more.  Some baggage, not likely a favorite personality wise, but definitely a proven winner.  Known to be looking for an out at Oklahoma st for years.  Wouldn’t be the top of my list but would probably get us bowl eligible and then some immediately 

17 minutes ago, Huskerbent said:

Surprised Mike Gundy hasn’t been mentioned more.  Some baggage, not likely a favorite personality wise, but definitely a proven winner.  Known to be looking for an out at Oklahoma st for years.  Wouldn’t be the top of my list but would probably get us bowl eligible and then some immediately 

Gundy just got an extension at Oklahoma State which extends his deal which was already a "lifetime deal". 

• Plus1 2

The biggest problem with firing Frost this year (other than the fact that he should get 1 more season anyway). Is that the available talent in the coaching pool this year is incredibly lackluster and we are WAYYYYYY down the pecking order as an available job. 

LSU

USC 

TCU

Texas Tech

Potentially Florida St. and Miami

The list goes on and on. 

Names like Campbell and Fleck are staying put with millions in the bank and lifetime contracts at places that will name stadiums after them when they are gone. 

I want Nebraska to have the best coach, not the "best coach we can get," especially in a year in which the "best we can get," is likely way down the list of a lackluster group of available coaches. We don't have an in with any of the top names available, no one is coming home or has a soft heart for Nebraska football. So even to the "best guy we could get this year," it will just be a job. 

If you're making change that will make things better, fine. If your making change and you're not sure if it will be better, then you're only making change to make change, and that is a sure ticket to the abyss. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The biggest problem with firing Frost this year (other than the fact that he should get 1 more season anyway). Is that the available talent in the coaching pool this year is incredibly lackluster and we are WAYYYYYY down the pecking order as an available job. 

LSU

USC 

TCU

Texas Tech

Potentially Florida St. and Miami

The list goes on and on. 

Names like Campbell and Fleck are staying put with millions in the bank and lifetime contracts at places that will name stadiums after them when they are gone. 

I want Nebraska to have the best coach, not the "best coach we can get," especially in a year in which the "best we can get," is likely way down the list of a lackluster group of available coaches. We don't have an in with any of the top names available, no one is coming home or has a soft heart for Nebraska football. So even to the "best guy we could get this year," it will just be a job. 

If you're making change that will make things better, fine. If your making change and you're not sure if it will be better, then you're only making change to make change, and that is a sure ticket to the abyss. 

Matt Davidson is that you?:B)

This is the reason  I think if we get blown out by OSU, we should pull the plug early and tell the world we are ready for success and want the top coach that is the right fit for 

Nebraska and throw the $$s at them to get them here.  

As the quote posted before said:  "What has to be done eventually, must be done immediately."

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Matt Davidson is that you?:B)

This is the reason  I think if we get blown out by OSU, we should pull the plug early and tell the world we are ready for success and want the top coach that is the right fit for 

Nebraska and throw the $$s at them to get them here.  

As the quote posted before said:  "What has to be done eventually, must be done immediately."

Nope, but if you wanna give me his job, I'd take it. :) 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I really wouldn't wish that on you as I think if Scott leaves, Matt might be right behind him. 

There is no way Davison sticks around after Frost is fired.  He's getting paid a nice salary to be Frost's best friend.  I'm sure Trev has gone to Davison at times and pulled the old Office Space quote "What is it that you actually do here?"

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic