Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

With our WR core, although who knows how many are around after next season, but needing to be a bit different with a well below average offensive line, Leach's innovation may work at Nebraska. I mean the guy got recruits to Lubbock, Pullman and is doing well in Starkville, MS, I could think he would be able to get guys to Lincoln, NE too. So he is known to work within outpost locations and he finds ways to win.

I actually think Leach would love Nebraska, he's certainly a different type of coach and nothing you'd expect at Nebraska, but he is good at what he does. It would be a weird fit, but at the same time maybe a perfect fit?

What about those of us who want to run the ball 50-60% of the time to as little as 40% occasionally? 

I don't think that's something Mike Leach is willing to do and I don't think it'd work that well in the Big 10 anyway. We already have a scheme that has it's vulnerabilities to working well enough here. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

Just now, M.A. said:

What about those of us who want to run the ball 50-60% of the time to as little as 40% occasionally? 

I don't think that's something Mike Leach is willing to do and I don't think it'd work that well in the Big 10 anyway. We already have a scheme that has it's vulnerabilities to working well enough here. 

His scheme worked in the big 12, pac 12 and seems to be doing well in the SEC.

Mike Leach is putting together a rather successful season at Miss. State in the SEC. If his unique style can work in the SEC I would imagine it could work in the Big Ten. But the hesitation here is the complete overhaul we would have to undergo and if he failed here and he went his own way, we are stuck with that style and therefore will have to undergo a complete overhaul again upon his departure.

24 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

With our WR core, although who knows how many are around after next season, but needing to be a bit different with a well below average offensive line, Leach's innovation may work at Nebraska. I mean the guy got recruits to Lubbock, Pullman and is doing well in Starkville, MS, I could think he would be able to get guys to Lincoln, NE too. So he is known to work within outpost locations and he finds ways to win.

I actually think Leach would love Nebraska, he's certainly a different type of coach and nothing you'd expect at Nebraska, but he is good at what he does. It would be a weird fit, but at the same time maybe a perfect fit?

After Leach’s antics at Texas Tech, I would not want him at NU.  I would prefer Pelion over Leach.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic