Frost just fired himself

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the quote deserves its own thread,

Motivating young men is the single most important thing coaches do. Especially talent not living up to its potential.

A whole team lacking talent and motivation in your fourth season as head coach? Sure that's not on you, f#&%head? 

Throwing players under the bus when you career blows up in your face is what cowards do. 

I don't need to see another day with Scott Frost as head coach. 

Agree with everything you said. I also think it’s pretty horrible to throw your entire team and football program under the bus when you’re the LEADER. I don’t see how this doesn’t fly under Trev Alberts’ radar. That’s a huge red flag and so is the fact that he stated that his team doesn’t need to be motivated.

We have seen through 4 seasons what an unmotivated team looks like and it’s horrible. This is the difference between Frost and Bo Pelini. Sure Bo got blown out badly in some games but he could motivate those kids (we all know it firsthand) and it showed on the field.

That is something you teach to young football players who want to become better and work their way to the NFL. If you can’t or don’t want to motivate young collegiate athletes, you’re in the wrong profession. Those statements from Frost are a major, major red flag to me as a fan. I cannot consent another year under his watch but this started in week zero for me now I’m ready to move on from him with zero regrets.

5 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Hot rumblings that Frost didn't even address the team in the locker room after the game

Honestly, that wouldn’t surprise me. During the game, he looked like he mailed it in. Removing the headset. He also didn’t appear moved at all during the post game presser at the fact that fans were leaving in droves midway through the 4th quarter.

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

He said as much in the presser

To me that’s a sign of a coach giving up on them. You can’t do that to your players. You can’t meet them halfway. I’m tired of the guy throwing players under the bus though. Everything falls on Scott’s shoulders. His laziness has become extremely obvious this year, too.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think he said he didn't address the team was going to leave it to the captains....He is at wits end.  no idea how to fix anything....And now blaming the kids.....Complete and utterly unacceptable.  The men, the mission and me......

That's what I meant.  He said he didn't address the kids and left it up to the captains.  Kind of a passive aggressive move.   I don't know, thinking about this maybe he was told he needed to finish the season strong, including a win against Purdue, and he's seeing the writing on the wall.  Unless he just doesn't know better.

• Plus1 1

The fact that more fans aren’t pissed off at his comments tells me apathy has truly set in. Indifference is a lot worse than anger. One can only hope Trev Alberts can feel the pain of the fan base. He might just be proud of Frost for running a clean program. But this is a results driven business. His seat has been hot since Game 1. That is a fact and I don’t just mean as a national perception either. 

• Plus1 2

59 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The refrain I keep hearing from people who don't want to fire Frost is "who else are we gonna get".  I don't care, because Frost isn't the answer. Everyone thought Frost was the one who could save Nebraska football. Maybe it's Trev who could be the star alumni who could save Nebraska football. After all, Trev was a much better player at NU than Frost was, regardless of the 1997 season. 

Who else we gon get?  Answer - Callahan

Who else we gon get?  Answer - Pellllini

Who else we gon get?  Answer - Riley

Who else we gon get?  Answer - Frost

Who else we gon get? 

The question has been asked before.  Just sayin

• Plus1 1

So, in a nutshell, it isn’t the players quitting on the coach we have to worry about but rather the coach quitting on the team. Figures, he’s had a tendency since day one to blame the players and accept no responsibility for his piss poor performance. Maybe he’ll do the program a favor and really quit.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So, in a nutshell, it isn’t the players quitting on the coach we have to worry about but rather the coach quitting on the team. Figures, he’s had a tendency since day one to blame the players and accept no responsibility for his piss poor performance. Maybe he’ll do the program a favor and really quit.

If he truly loved Nebraska football and had any integrity whatsoever he would admit it didn’t work out and resign. But he won’t because he’s set for life if he’s fired.

• Plus1 1