*** Official Ohio State Game Day Thread *** presented by lo country

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

The defense was let down yet again by the offense. I would be pissed if I were a defender. At what point do you address the elephant in the room that is Martinez? Is smothers that bad? Just wondering. 

I don't see how anyone could put today's loss on AM.  The OL, kicking and punting were bigger issues than AM.  AM had no turnovers and had more positives than negatives at a minimum.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That is almost the ONLY reason I think Trev gives Frost one more year.

About the only other one I can think of is to sell potential new coaches on our loyalty. "We'll give you time to build the team - see? We gave Frost SO MUCH time."

I do think Frost has to win at least one of these last two games in order to have a chance of Trev keeping him.

If he goes 3-9 I do think Trev has to fire him, and just take the hit with all that buyout money.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The problem is Frost is the one who runs the offense.  If you don't get rid of him what's the point of changing out the offensive staff?

I just don't think firing Scott is the solution.  My commitment when we first heard that Scott might come here, was 5 years.  I still remember the Scott Frost Mega Thread.  So many of us here on the board were part of that missive and we all said no matter what we would give him 5 years.  I say give him 1 more year.  

(Dude, this is nothing personal ok?  I adore all of you guys and value your different opinions-We're family.  Disfunctiona, yeah, ok, but at the end of the day-still family.  I'm the annoying sister! ;))

• Plus1 4
16 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I don't see how anyone could put today's loss on AM.  The OL, kicking and punting were bigger issues than AM.  AM had no turnovers and had more positives than negatives at a minimum.

When it mattered most, he missed several open options to get a first down and keep the drive alive. If we scored and made it 24-23, the game would be a different one. While I agree that punting and kicking was awful, we would not have to kick if Martinez kept the drive alive. He has many weapons in toure, amari, vokalek, and Allen plus his ability to run yet he failed to utilize when it mattered most. He had a chance to win it and did not. Our kickers and punters have been awful all year long. Martinez is our best shot to win according to Frost. So, yes, I blame Martinez and Frost for this loss.

20 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Scott's likely being retained. I think think he needs to reevaluate the effectiveness of his scheme in this conference and make a few upgrades to the staff. That all remains to be seen. 

Aren't we seeing evidence of that this year? This is a very different offense than previous seasons.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

I just don't think firing Scott is the solution.  My commitment when we first heard that Scott might come here, was 5 years.  I still remember the Scott Frost Mega Thread.  So many of us here on the board were part of that missive and we all said no matter what we would give him 5 years.  I say give him 1 more year.  

(Dude, this is nothing personal ok?  I adore all of you guys and value your different opinions-We're family.  Disfunctiona, yeah, ok, but at the end of the day-still family.  I'm the annoying sister! ;))

Of course, nothing personal.   Goes without say. :cheers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

It's pretty stupid. Yes, Martinez makes a lot of bad plays. But he's also the only threat we have at the position. It's not close. 

He's being protected by 2 of the worst tackles in the conference. The person calling plays for him puts the team in positions to lose. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
41 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's pretty stupid. Yes, Martinez makes a lot of bad plays. But he's also the only threat we have at the position. It's not close. 

And how do you exactly know this?  Logan looked fine when he was in and the coaches are on record in interviews saying AM is the starter because of his experience.  That’s quite different than saying AM’s ability is so much better and not even close to LS, which is what you are saying

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, EngineeringHusker said:

This is what I always wonder as well. Somehow these people say we can't get a head coach to come here, or who could we get that's better?  I mean, 3 wins, who could get more than that?

These same people always think we can get anybody for an OC. Who worth their salt would come to this dumpster fire and work for a likely lame duck coach?

Somebody earlier actually mentioned the possibility of bringing Tom Herman in as OC. Some Nebraska fans are seriously delusional. If you were Tom Herman, and you got a call from Nebraska, and it wasn't for the HC spot, wouldn't you be incredibly insulted?

To keep Frost, ALL of these must happen:

1. Must beat Wisconsin and/or Iowa

2. Must get a top-notch transfer QB, such as Rattler or Brennan (NOT a transfer from Southwest Missouri State or some crap)

3. Get rid of all the crappy assistants, starting with Austin & Verduzco

4. Hire an experienced special teams coach

5. Revamped offense