Just normal American Utopia...

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Speed and more egregious driving is my guess.  People are definitely driving faster imo.

I also think people got used to not driving very much.  Now that they are going back to the office, going through some rush-hour traffic, people just have forgotten how to drive in those situations.  They lost the muscle memory.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just saw a report saying Nebraska was up this year too.  I wonder why?  More people traveling?

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Speed and more egregious driving is my guess.  People are definitely driving faster imo.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I also think people got used to not driving very much.  Now that they are going back to the office, going through some rush-hour traffic, people just have forgotten how to drive in those situations.  They lost the muscle memory.

Yeah I don’t know what happened but ever since the pandemic began people have been driving more aggressively and ignoring laws. It’s more than anecdotal. I see crazy s#!t almost every day now. Huge jump from a few years ago. People just seem to not give a s#!t.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I work from home so thankfully no more drives to the office but when I do like JJ said I see some pretty agro bs a lot more now it seems.  People are definitely driving more aggressive and I think the numbers reflect that as well.  

You’ve got to be a defensive driver these days.

• Plus1 1

I lived in Minneapolis until a year ago. Traffic went away in March 2020 and people started going upwards of 100 MPH on the freeway. Traffic started coming back and those people didn't seem to change their behavior.

Extreme example, but I'm sure it's relatable everywhere.

8 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I work from home so thankfully no more drives to the office but when I do like JJ said I see some pretty agro bs a lot more now it seems.  People are definitely driving more aggressive and I think the numbers reflect that as well.  

You’ve got to be a defensive driver these days.

Pro tip: get a dashcam/rearview cam and hardwire the system into a fuse that always has power even when your car is parked and off. They'll automatically lock and save if it senses a hit and will 100% save your a$$.

Source: saved mine a week after I bought it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...