Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree. Just making a bowl game with next years schedule is not really showing progress imo. For me, the floor for retention needs to be 8 wins, and really, 9 or 10 is needed to show true improvement trajectory.

Even if we fail to make 6-6, again, a huge portion of the fan base will still find a way to be okay with it. 

I've seen it to many years in a row now to think next year will be any different.

Talk about getting off Scott free.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

6 wins and a bowl game just isn’t enough in 2022.

It's odd when taking into context the last seven years of Husker football that six wins and a bowl game isn't good enough.

Maybe that's just semantics because I agree that it's not good enough in the sense of where we want the program to be... but shoot, it's certainly a massive accomplishment for the program, as tough of a pill as that is to swallow. Particularly when the last two new coaches we've hired have come in and been underwhelming in year one.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It's odd when taking into context the last seven years of Husker football that six wins and a bowl game isn't good enough.

Maybe that's just semantics because I agree that it's not good enough in the sense of where we want the program to be... but shoot, it's certainly a massive accomplishment for the program, as tough of a pill as that is to swallow. Particularly when the last two new coaches we've hired have come in and been underwhelming in year one.

We haven't been bowling now in 5 years....That roughly between 60-75 practices the kids have missed.  That'll be roughly 48-70 for Frost alone......yea. 6-6 is something I'd love to see next year. Do I think that is acceptable?  Hell no.  But is something we haven't seen in years. JoJo is the only guy on the roster that saw a bowl.  in 2016.......

23 minutes ago, Enhance said:

In a sense, yes, it’s better than what we’ve accomplished recently. But Frost doesn’t get to win 6, make a bowl, and claim that’s satisfactory improvement. This year, 2021, is the year that Frost could’ve got by with 6 or 7 wins and called it improvement. Since he was undeservingly retained like that’s what happened, I’m going to pretend it did happen and expect/treat at least 8 wins next year as showing the needed improvement. It is a much easier schedule after all. I don’t care if that’s viewed as fair or not. I don’t think it is particularly fair or right that he was retained. It certainly wasn’t earned. I look at next years schedule and all I see is that 7 or less just isn’t good enough.

My God, I don't know how some of you do it. Isn't the constant negativity and outrage exhausting? I mean, you all aren't even saying anything new. Its the same negative schtick over and over. 

Not saying that you should be satisfied with the the season or Frost's performance, but damn, the decision has been made. Now it just seems like sour grapes. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

In a sense, yes, it’s better than what we’ve accomplished recently. But Frost doesn’t get to win 6, make a bowl, and claim that’s satisfactory improvement. This year, 2021, is the year that Frost could’ve got by with 6 or 7 wins and called it improvement. Since he was undeservingly retained like that’s what happened, I’m going to pretend it did happen and expect/treat at least 8 wins next year as showing the needed improvement. It is a much easier schedule after all. I don’t care if that’s viewed as fair or not. I don’t think it is particularly fair or right that he was retained. It certainly wasn’t earned. I look at next years schedule and all I see is that 7 or less just isn’t good enough.

Here is what I don't get.  (not aimed at you).  What in the hell has anyone seen in 4 years that thinks next year will be easier......

ND-Win

Georgia Southern-Win

OU-Loss

Rutgers-Win 

Indiana-Win

NW- Toss up (Frost 2-2)

Michigan-Loss (Frost 0-2)

Minnie-Loss (Frost 1-3)

Wisky-Loss (Frost 0-3 to date)

Purdue-Loss (Frost 1-3)

Illinois-Loss (Frost is 1-3)

Iowa-Loss (Frost is 0-3 to date)

Unless Frost and the new crew pull their heads out of their collective a$$, I am unsure how this schedule is easier....We have losing records (or tie) against every school save Rutgers and Indiana......

New offensive staff, lose a lot of leadership on D........I just see nothing in the previous 3+ years that we can discount anyone......

Beating Wisky and Iowa can not be overstated for how HUGE this would be for the program moving forward.

• Fire 1
29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m with you and I think fans need to look at it from a different perspective. Instead of accepting the last 4 pathetic years as acceptable and give Frost a pass to start building now. We need to be saying the reason we fired Riley is because what he produced in W-L was not acceptable and Frost was brought here to improve that. He has gotten worse. We need to be asking ourselves when we hired Frost where did we expect the program to be in year 5. I would venture to say 90% of the fans would say winning the west for sure. Why would we lower our standards? It seems some fans have lowered our standards to what they think Frost can achieve instead of setting the standard based on what Nebraska football expects 

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

Here is what I don't get.  (not aimed at you).  What in the hell has anyone seen in 4 years that thinks next year will be easier......

ND-Win

Georgia Southern-Win

OU-Loss

Rutgers-Win 

Indiana-Win

NW- Toss up (Frost 2-2)

Michigan-Loss (Frost 0-2)

Minnie-Loss (Frost 1-3)

Wisky-Loss (Frost 0-3 to date)

Purdue-Loss (Frost 1-3)

Illinois-Loss (Frost is 1-3)

Iowa-Loss (Frost is 0-3 to date)

Unless Frost and the new crew pull their heads out of their collective a$$, I am unsure how this schedule is easier....We have losing records (or tie) against every school save Rutgers and Indiana......

New offensive staff, lose a lot of leadership on D........I just see nothing in the previous 3+ years that we can discount anyone......

Beating Wisky and Iowa can not be overstated for how HUGE this would be for the program moving forward.

I get it but I refuse to consider past results or Frost’s history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I look at that schedule and can’t help but think there are 8 pretty easy wins. Of course that is making no allowances for Nebraska continuing to beat themselves. Heck just getting STs half way respectable adds 3 or 4 more wins this year. Fix red zone offense and we’re practically undefeated. I’m not going to lower my expectations just because we’ve been the short bus of CFB.

And I agree, Frost and crew need to pull their heads out their asses to do it. That may be a tall order but it certainly is not too much to expect.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

My God, I don't know how some of you do it. Isn't the constant negativity and outrage exhausting? I mean, you all aren't even saying anything new. Its the same negative schtick over and over. 

Not saying that you should be satisfied with the the season or Frost's performance, but damn, the decision has been made. Now it just seems like sour grapes. 

Meh ....there's not that many posters on this thread or even this site 

Let 'em rant 

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I get it but I refuse to consider past results or Frost’s history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I look at that schedule and can’t help but think there are 8 pretty easy wins. Of course that is making no allowances for Nebraska continuing to beat themselves. Heck just getting STs half way respectable adds 3 or 4 more wins this year. Fix red zone offense and we’re practically undefeated. I’m not going to lower my expectations just because we’ve been the short bus of CFB.

And I agree, Frost and crew need to pull their heads out their asses to do it. That may be a tall order but it certainly is not too much to expect.

I look at the past, but then the fan in me kicks in and says no way we continue to defy mathematical probability and continue to lose 1 score games.  I also had a strong dislike for the O staff starting mid 2019.  Having even average coaches (and ST) has got to account for more wins.......It's just hard with all of the data to see Frost turning it around.  One thing I have yet to find about the 4 year+ failure coaches is how many kept their staffs intact vs a pretty huge change like Frost implemented.......

TBH, as a huge Ron Brown fan, I really think our O looks different Sat....

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I look at the past, but then the fan in me kicks in and says no way we continue to defy mathematical probability and continue to lose 1 score games.  I also had a strong dislike for the O staff starting mid 2019.  Having even average coaches (and ST) has got to account for more wins.......It's just hard with all of the data to see Frost turning it around.  One thing I have yet to find about the 4 year+ failure coaches is how many kept their staffs intact vs a pretty huge change like Frost implemented.......

TBH, as a huge Ron Brown fan, I really think our O looks different Sat....

I wish I could have the same hope, that our offense looks different on Saturday, as you.

I just don't think it will, unless the new line coach is a miracle worker. Running backs still need holes and room to run regardless who their coach is.

14 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Nah…..I think If they all would post one more negative post……the world would start to be better. 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Brandon.Lincoln said:

Yep! NU has paid the second most "dead money" in the country to fired staff since January 1, 2010 and has a new $155 million training complex to pay for so Trev is leveraging the fan's loyalty to save money.

Shouldn't play with fan loyalty, far too many administrators have done that at NU. If Frost hires duds for his new O assistants you will have BOGO tickets all year. 

• 4 weeks later...