New Offensive Coordinator options?

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Based on what just happened, at this point I think Baylor would match any offer we made.

Without the money incentive, I cannot see him taking any offer....

With OU and UT leaving he Big12, Baylor now has a much easier "Cincinnati-like" route to an undefeated regular season and NC playoffs versus almost any other P5 team. 

• Plus1 1

When asked how he went from 2-7 to Big 12 champ Aranda gave great answer.  Step outside yourself.  A lot of egos in the business, always thinking your way is right...... 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

God I hope not. That would ruin my Christmas holiday. 

The 12 man or Harrell?!  If we get Harrell, there is no Santa Claus.

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don’t think we’re offering 1.5 mil to an OC. And if Grimes is money chasing he will take a HC gig, guaranteed he has offers on the table. 

We could simply tell Frost to cut back to $500,000 and save enough to hire a new HC and move Frost over to offensive analyst and press director.  

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, lo country said:

When asked how he went from 2-7 to Big 12 champ Aranda gave great answer.  Step outside yourself.  A lot of egos in the business, always thinking your way is right...... 

The 12 man or Harrell?!  If we get Harrell, there is no Santa Claus.

Harrell. Honestly idc if Baylor had a 12th man or not.

Regardless, we aren't getting Grimes, period. These must be the same folks who were saying we should hire Tom Herman or Dan Mullen for OC :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don’t think we’re offering 1.5 mil to an OC. And if Grimes is money chasing he will take a HC gig, guaranteed he has offers on the table. 

From what people are saying it seems at least a mil is on the table which is double his current salary for a university that is about to have way less money when OU and UT leave and are going to need to pay way more if they even want to keep Aranda.  Him getting HC offers is a good point though. It would just depend if he wants to be head man or likes being OC. 

Either way we were joking around before mr I'm the smartest in the room had to come in and s#!t on it. I don't think anyone was really holding out hope of getting Grimes, but if it's a money thing we can absolutely outbid Baylor, and that is the point I was making. 

5 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Leaning more towards Morris.  He coaches in the Texas State title game tonight(you know that thing that is a pretty huge deal in that state) and probably asked for an announcement to wait until afterwards to not distract his team.  Added bonus, his kid comes as well and you more than likely have your starting QB next year.

Texas HS finals aren't for 2 more weeks.  Today is the quarterfinals.

Edit - Allen is currently down 20 at the start of the 4Q.  Looks like Morris will be available tomorrow.