New Staff Selection

9 hours ago, lo country said:

Is Brown out recruiting?  Could he pick up RB/ST?  If Beckton is moving to RB, why not announce it?  I'd think we'd look for a RB in the portal since some have left.  Be good to hammer out the last pieces to give recruits/transfers more info as to what they are getting into. Same if Dawson is out.

Here is a list of highest paid ST coaches (they have other duties).  Ironically, NU is one of 4 without a dedicated coach that includes OC, Okie State and VT.  Also off 2 of the 14 highest paid are former Husker coaches....Papuchis and Els

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-paid-special-teams-coordinators-in-college-football-2021-edition

3 of the top 7 are former Husker coaches. Papuchis, Dewitt and Els

18 hours ago, Mavric said:

TBH, lately I've been wondering if the plan is to wait until after signing day and then let a coach on the defensive side go to make room for a dedicated ST coach. Or maybe the coach knows he's being 'encouraged to find a new job' and Frost is just giving him time to do so before making any announcements.

20 minutes ago, Toe said:

TBH, lately I've been wondering if the plan is to wait until after signing day and then let a coach on the defensive side go to make room for a dedicated ST coach. Or maybe the coach knows he's being 'encouraged to find a new job' and Frost is just giving him time to do so before making any announcements.

I've had the same thought.  At this point, there is no advantage for the RB or ST coach to be named last week compared to two months from now.

I like what Frost has done with the three hires he has made.  I'm confident he has a good game plan with this.

23 minutes ago, Toe said:

Letting Ruud go or find a different job, to open up a spot for ST and RB?  We have two LB coaches.  I can't see him letting Dawson go.  Obviously, Bill Busch is primed to take ST, and we surely won't go with an analysts with RB, unless SF does the on the field stuff and Ron Brown does the coaching from his analyst role.  Made sense to wait until after signing day.

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Letting Ruud go or find a different job, to open up a spot for ST and RB?  We have two LB coaches.  I can't see him letting Dawson go.  Obviously, Bill Busch is primed to take ST, and we surely won't go with an analysts with RB, unless SF does the on the field stuff and Ron Brown does the coaching from his analyst role.  Made sense to wait until after signing day.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you would get rid of Ruud instead of Dawson.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you would get rid of Ruud instead of Dawson.

Personally, I tend to agree with you, but it seems like all of the insiders, keep coming up with Ruud rather than Dawson. When I said "can't see them letting Dawson go", it is based off of all of the information I have read and heard from people who know more than I do.  I like Ruud, his passion, his loyalty, his ability.  

Just now, HANC said:

Personally, I tend to agree with you, but it seems like all of the insiders, keep coming up with Ruud rather than Dawson. When I said "can't see them letting Dawson go", it is based off of all of the information I have read and heard from people who know more than I do.  I like Ruud, his passion, his loyalty, his ability.  

I'm just going off of the two position groups.  Plus, Dawson totally crapped the bed with ST.  If he couldn't do OLB and ST, do you think he could do both LB positions?