New Staff Selection

13 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

You must not be looking very hard. All signs point to Busch being named ST coach once Frost figures out his plan for RBs. Busch is on the road recruiting and acting in this role now. He went and got the kicker and punter transfers he wanted. 

To me it makes the most sense to hire Busch as the ST coach and Frost coach the rbs. Frost was a glorified RB in his time at Nebraska so it’s not a stretch to think he could coach that position and let Busch focus on improving the most glaring deficiency on the team

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Is that specific area.......special teams? :lol:  Makes me think he is hiring a RB coach and trying to figure out how to sell the thought they are taking ST seriously.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Or...he wants a ST coach and trying to figure out the best way to cover RBs.

At this point, it's nothing but speculation.

Maybe he's been as conflicted as we have! Thus, wanting to discuss the issue with the team. He has an idea he's nearly settled on although he's not entirely comfortable with it whatever that might be. 

• Plus1 1

Greg Knox is the interim HC for the Florida Gators who play on December 23. He has filled the roll of RB coach/ ST coordinator for Dan Mullen at Miss St and at Florida with great success. Napier isn't bringing him back. Perhaps he is on the radar and the reason we have not heard anything? Maybe waiting to announce so they talk about it on tv during the game? Ron Brown then can stay as an analyst and maybe they can keep Busch in his same roll he had this year as well. I know absolutely nothing, so just throwing that out there lol! 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

Greg Knox is the interim HC for the Florida Gators who play on December 23. He has filled the roll of RB coach/ ST coordinator for Dan Mullen at Miss St and at Florida with great success. Napier isn't bringing him back. Perhaps he is on the radar and the reason we have not heard anything? Maybe waiting to announce so they talk about it on tv during the game? Ron Brown then can stay as an analyst and maybe they can keep Busch in his same roll he had this year as well. I know absolutely nothing, so just throwing that out there lol! 

It's a possibility (Knox) if he's interested and we can reach an agreement. I think he'd be a great fit. It's not so much what the particular arrangement ends up being as long as it is effective and the issues with special teams are thoroughly addressed and great strides are made all aspects of it end up functioning well.