Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

3 hours ago, Texas said:

Hello, all.

A few words on Casey Thompson after watching him for two years.   He's a gamer!  His scoring efficiency is rarely mentioned. When he gets the ball, the offense scores. He's a true student of the game. Incredible vision.  Quick release and a good touch.  A lot of drops last year.  He's a leader.  Leads by example and people rally around that.

I confess that I am not up on all of the Nebraska weaknesses aside from the Oline I hear mentioned, but I highly doubt it could be worse than Texas' last season.  Casey won't have nearly the load he was carrying last season.  With the thumb issue resolved, watch out.  

There is little question Casey would likely be the starter at Texas this year, but Sark saw upside going with Ewers.  

You are going to be in for a really fun season.  

Welcome to the board. 

I just wanted to say that something that I don't remember being mentioned before now is his quick release.   That's something that sticks out when watching the Husker QBs throw in practice.

It's a small detail, but an important one.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Welcome to the board. 

I just wanted to say that something that I don't remember being mentioned before now is his quick release.   That's something that sticks out when watching the Husker QBs throw in practice.

It's a small detail, but an important one.

It takes a lot of pressure off the oline, and it also makes it more difficult to defend. 

I’ve made numerous comments that Casey didn’t look the same in the second half. He couldn’t throw a spiral and there was a night and day difference in his accuracy. Casey is obviously a tough kid as he played a whole season at Texas with an injured thumb but Purdy is a capable back up I hope if he’s not 100% he makes it known. Here you can see he obviously he seems to avoid taking a high five after his big scramble play.