Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I agree with you to a degree yes the blocking and less penalties are going to be a factor but I do think the winning will be bc of Casey Thompson individual performance's. I can see him throwing an average of 300-400 yard per game. Yes the offense as a whole will contribute wr's and rb's to winning games but for the most part wherever CT leads the team that will determine the success or failure.

We shouldn't be trying to discredit Thompson for a turnaround that hasn't happened yet, and might not even happen.

If we do have our first winning season in six years, obviously the most important position in football will be a big reason why.

There's a reason Frost brought in a new QB coach and new QBs as soon as his job was on the line.

9 hours ago, Cigarman said:

Just to put things in perspective. 2 points. The first being recognizing how pressure affects the quarterback. We have AM pungents complaining that he needs to handle the pressure better. Those same pungents demand we find a pass rush ends to apply pressure to the opposing quarterback. Hard to separate understanding that need for our defense but then complain about our quarterback  not handling it when statistically we had the worst line in FBS for pass protection. 

2nd point in regards to turnovers. Statistically CT had more interceptions per attempt than AM and more fumbles per rushing attempt than AM. 

Perspective can be eye awakening at times. 

I was wondering what was so pungent around here. 

• Haha 1

Hello, all.

A few words on Casey Thompson after watching him for two years.   He's a gamer!  His scoring efficiency is rarely mentioned. When he gets the ball, the offense scores. He's a true student of the game. Incredible vision.  Quick release and a good touch.  A lot of drops last year.  He's a leader.  Leads by example and people rally around that.

I confess that I am not up on all of the Nebraska weaknesses aside from the Oline I hear mentioned, but I highly doubt it could be worse than Texas' last season.  Casey won't have nearly the load he was carrying last season.  With the thumb issue resolved, watch out.  

There is little question Casey would likely be the starter at Texas this year, but Sark saw upside going with Ewers.  

You are going to be in for a really fun season.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
18 minutes ago, Texas said:

Hello, all.

A few words on Casey Thompson after watching him for two years.   He's a gamer!  His scoring efficiency is rarely mentioned. When he gets the ball, the offense scores. He's a true student of the game. Incredible vision.  Quick release and a good touch.  A lot of drops last year.  He's a leader.  Leads by example and people rally around that.

I confess that I am not up on all of the Nebraska weaknesses aside from the Oline I hear mentioned, but I highly doubt it could be worse than Texas' last season.  Casey won't have nearly the load he was carrying last season.  With the thumb issue resolved, watch out.  

There is little question Casey would likely be the starter at Texas this year, but Sark saw upside going with Ewers.  

Now, that’s sweet music to the ears. God, I hope this is true.  That will really be a big help to this young offense.  

21 minutes ago, Texas said:

Hello, all.

Appreciate you stopping in to give your opinion.  Plenty of Kool-Aid flowing right now after his press conference this past weekend.  He can sure talk the talk.  Hopefully the supporting cast here at Nebraska will allow him to reach his full potential.   

39 minutes ago, GSG said:

Sark did or the boosters did? 

I kid! Welcome to the board 

Thank you.

That comment, we all know is born from truth backed up by history.  But, believe it or not, that old ball and chain has loosened its grip to an extent concerning Sark.  He wanted a fresh start with a young QB he chose and wanted to develop.   Whether this more hands off approach continues,  we shall see, but it appears that the negative impact it was creating has finally sunk in.

• Fire 1
49 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Appreciate you stopping in to give your opinion.  Plenty of Kool-Aid flowing right now after his press conference this past weekend.  He can sure talk the talk.  Hopefully the supporting cast here at Nebraska will allow him to reach his full potential.   

He walks the talk.  You will see what I mean by gamer very quickly.   

The supporting cast is just fine.  As a whole, he has a much better hand now than he had last year.  

I hope it goes well.  I have been a Nebraska fan back since the Mike Rozier days.  Vividly remember being at the '96 B12 Championship game.   

Another plus, he isn't scared of Oklahoma.  Should have won that game,  save for a muffed punt.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Texas said:

Hello, all.

If you could have xavier worthy and bijan robinson transfer here as well that would be great.

• Fire 1

Yes, that would be nice,  but you just highlighted Texas' problem last year; the Texas offense was three people.  That's an uphill climb every week.  No oline, no defense, busted thumb and three offensive players  That was Texas last year. 

Washington is no slouch either. Palmer and Castaneda.  It will pose problems for other teams. 

14 hours ago, admo said:

Perspective?

You are comparing a 4 year starter, 3 time captain, with 38 starts vs a first time player, who came off the bench to start 10 games.  

The 2nd guy mentioned had 5TDS in a game - 3 times.  Quite enough to win a game.

Both players dealt with terrible pass pro lines.  However, one team actually had a good defense helping them out;  All you have to do is don't screw up.

The other team saw it's defense allowing Kansas! 57 points, OU 55 points, Arkansas 40 points, and 5 other teams scoring 31 points or more. Which means you are likely playing from behind and not pounding the rock. 

Nm

18 hours ago, admo said:

We have a new quarterback and I don't know why anyone would compare him and Adrian Martinez (who I really appreciated at Nebraska). 

Well, it is pretty natural to compare him to what we could have had at QB - had he not decided (or been encouraged) to try his hand elsewhere. But I get your point...

It's like Husker Fans have Stockholm Syndrome. The only thing we've seen under Frost is Adrian at QB. And we also haven't seen a ton of quality at QB2. so it's like we've forgotten what that could look like.