Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

12 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I thought it was end of the quarter as well right or am i mistaken??? Meaning he had to score to get points. If not then my mistake. To me AM was always looking to score and not make the right play. He looked like he just threw it up for grabs.

It was 4th and long, halfway through the 4th quarter, and we were down by 14. 

• Plus1 4

29 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I thought it was end of the quarter as well right or am i mistaken??? Meaning he had to score to get points. If not then my mistake. To me AM was always looking to score and not make the right play. He looked like he just threw it up for grabs.

No, it was middle of the 4th.  And yes, he threw it up for grabs.  What would you have him do in that situation?

Here's the start of the series if you want a refresher.  Not sure I see much you could blame Adrian for on 1st-4th down here:  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now, have at least average special teams and how many more games would we have won?

1 for sure - probably 2. Michigan St you can say it cost us but at the same time go score the f'in football. Our D gave up ZERO 1st downs all second half and we scored 10 points. AM had a fumble and INT with 0 passing TDs - did score on two close runs.

19 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

No, it was middle of the 4th.  And yes, he threw it up for grabs.  What would you have him do in that situation?

Here's the start of the series if you want a refresher.  Not sure I see much you could blame Adrian for on 1st-4th down here:  

Well first the throw on second down was not accurate. You can say I'm nitpicking about the throw on second down but that separate's a great qb and a good qb. The sack on third down he looked like he was stuck in mud. Was it the o-line or him????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well first the throw on second down was not accurate. You can say I'm nitpicking about the throw on second down but that separate's a great qb and a good qb. The sack on third down he looked like he was stuck in mud. Was it the o-line or him????

O-line; #69 got beat like he stole something. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

2nd down throw was into coverage and he put it in a safe place where it was a td or incomplete. No one else was open. Weren’t you just talking about the qb making better decisions to save points?

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

1 for sure - probably 2. Michigan St you can say it cost us but at the same time go score the f'in football. Our D gave up ZERO 1st downs all second half and we scored 10 points. AM had a fumble and INT with 0 passing TDs - did score on two close runs.

Just a different perspective: In the previous offensive drive that put us up by 7, Martinez was clutch. The whole team executed, the play calling worked, it just all came together in a pretty clutch point in the game.

Nothing wrong IMO in hanging the outcome of the game then on your defense to close it out.

But then our punter essentially has a f****** stroke and they get a walk-in touchdown.

If that game isn't on special teams I really don't know what is. Our defense didn't even get a crack at shutting down the game because of that gaffe.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

field looks pretty tore up already.  Thought maybe they were practicing at Soldier Field 

This is the practice field which is right next to the stadium.  Also the Bears announced that they are re sodding their field before their home opener against the 49'ers.  I'll be at the game so I'm also curious as to what it is going to be like with the re sodding.

• Oh Yeah! 1