Huskers Land Texas Transfer QB Casey Thompson

23 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Adrain Martinez leads the nation! ...in fumbles. 

Blame it on the o-line!!!! That's what caused him to get scared and loose the ball right???? I was being sarcastic but in all fairness part of it was the o-line and part of it was Adrian not securing the ball good enough. Adrian will make plays in KSU but hopefully he gets over the hump of turnovers. Time to move on to Nebraska and their season and let Adrian have his peace at KSU bc he certainly didn't get that from Nebraska last year while being in certain classrooms. We should be focused on what Nebraska is doing to get better not dwell on what we haven't or who didn't get it done in the past. New season, new story's im looking forward to Casey Thompson and the Huskers turning it around this season!!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Wow if i wasn't impressed enough with him, his knowledge of what Northwestern runs on defense and who transfered in or out says alot. Not only did he have to go out and have to gain a relationship with new teammates and learn the playbook he adds that to plate as well. Can't say he hasn't done enough to be prepared to win. I know he will be a leader of men for the offense regardless if he doesn't have the title of captain. This team will succeed bc of how hard him and his teammates have worked!!!!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

As a coach I cringe hearing a player talk about what they have been preparing for with the media (even front). Personnel is fine but talking about what coverages you have been working against and what base front you are expecting is too much to share. NW has a week to tweak plans or it reinforces the wrinkles they have been practicing. Like Illini coming out in the a different front than what we practiced against all camp and us being lost last year. Nit picking, but it is nice to se he has a basic knowledge of his opponent. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

As a coach I cringe hearing a player talk about what they have been preparing for with the media (even front). Personnel is fine but talking about what coverages you have been working against and what base front you are expecting is too much to share. NW has a week to tweak plans or it reinforces the wrinkles they have been practicing. Like Illini coming out in the a different front than what we practiced against all camp and us being lost last year. Nit picking, but it is nice to se he has a basic knowledge of his opponent. 

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully, we will be strong enough where it won't make a difference. I wonder if HCSF will suggest he not do that in the future.

20 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

As a coach I cringe hearing a player talk about what they have been preparing for with the media (even front). Personnel is fine but talking about what coverages you have been working against and what base front you are expecting is too much to share. NW has a week to tweak plans or it reinforces the wrinkles they have been practicing. Like Illini coming out in the a different front than what we practiced against all camp and us being lost last year. Nit picking, but it is nice to see he has a basic knowledge of his opponent. 

I understand that thinking but there isn't going to be much practicing during game week. Even if there were to try and change it i don't think they have the right personal to really make a difference. Northwestern will play hard but i don't think they have much talent on either side of the ball. I could be wrong of course but i think CT will be able to handle whatever they try to deter him from winning the game.

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I think this is making something out of nothing. Illinois came into last years game with a new coach and new staff, so NU was thinking what they were going to do, based on history. Northwestern has the same head coach as they have had for years, and the same DC as 2021. It’s highly doubtful that they are going to whip something up new, just for this week. They are just trying to rebuild their D, after being very bad last year. Even if they heard Thompson’s thoughts from his PC, the game plan for NU is in place. They may make small tweaks, but it’s too late to make wholesale changes at this point.

I just went back and listened to Casey talking again. He says absolutely nothing which would cause Northwestern to drastically change what they do on defense. Fitz runs a 4-man front, with usually quarters in the secondary. Casey even says they mix that up a bit in the secondary. If people are freaking out over what Casey said in the press conference, get a life. 

• Fire 1