Jump to content


***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2022***


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Cdn Blackshirt Two said:

I wonder if Farmer gets beat out at the safety positions this year.  Just my impression but he appeared to lack the suddeness you usually need to be able to cover the great athletes you're going to face at either WR or even TE. The fact he wasn't shifted to Nickel may be a sign he's showing enough signs of improvement that Fisher believes he has him in the right spot.  Fingers crossed.

 

Fisher even said the speed and quickness is where Farmer falls short of the other guys, and he needs to get better at using his knowledge to make up for that. With how he talked up Singleton, I wouldn't be shocked if it's Singleton and Buford as the starters by conference play with Farmer/Brown being the #2s and still playing a lot.

 

23 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I doubt NPG sees the field on defense. Honestly I expected him to hit the portal. 

I kinda did too, but Fisher said he's been the leader in the meeting room. Doesn't mean he can't leave, just sounds like he is invested and just needs it to click as far as processing/reacting faster.

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

My TCU source told me that when Mathis gives 100%, he's pretty much unstoppable, but that sometimes he will take a play or two off. Hopefully transferring and trying to drive up his draft stock will make those plays off few and far between. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, GSG said:

My TCU source told me that when Mathis gives 100%, he's pretty much unstoppable, but that sometimes he will take a play or two off. Hopefully transferring and trying to drive up his draft stock will make those plays off few and far between. 

I have no clue how TCU's defense, as a whole, did last year.  But, it's much easier to have defenders playing 100% every down if your defense is getting 3 and outs.  Hopefully, we see that quite often this year.

Link to comment

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no clue how TCU's defense, as a whole, did last year.  But, it's much easier to have defenders playing 100% every down if your defense is getting 3 and outs.  Hopefully, we see that quite often this year.

 

You're absolutely right. Just for comparison, here's TCU defense vs Nebraska's

 

Rank   Team         G      Plays   Yds      Yds/Play    Off Tds   Opp Tds   YPG

47    Nebraska    12     828      4392      5.30             26           31          366.0

119    TCU            12    768       5541      7.21            54           55          461.8

  • Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, GSG said:

My TCU source told me that when Mathis gives 100%, he's pretty much unstoppable, but that sometimes he will take a play or two off. Hopefully transferring and trying to drive up his draft stock will make those plays off few and far between. 

maybe just play him on obvious passing situations so he doesn't have to take any plays off

Link to comment
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no clue how TCU's defense, as a whole, did last year.  But, it's much easier to have defenders playing 100% every down if your defense is getting 3 and outs.  Hopefully, we see that quite often this year.

 

I know the rest of their DL was pretty bad. Teams were able to just double team Mathis all day and not worry too much about the other guys.

Link to comment

On 6/20/2022 at 7:43 AM, Mavric said:

 

Hate to say it, but Spring Game showed some obvious flaws. Spring Game.  If Nash doesn't get leverage, if the opposing interior Lineman stands him straight up, he's kind of ........ an easy block.    So hopefully the coaching and the tape in the room will get through to him.  Otherwise he won't see the field too much.  800lb squat or not.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, admo said:

Hate to say it, but Spring Game showed some obvious flaws. Spring Game.  If Nash doesn't get leverage, if the opposing interior Lineman stands him straight up, he's kind of ........ an easy block.    So hopefully the coaching and the tape in the room will get through to him.  Otherwise he won't see the field too much.  800lb squat or not.

The spring game was a dog & pony show.  There was nothing to see!

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
  • Create New...