***The 2022 Offensive Line***

suh_fan93

I'm sure it's a combination of exaggeration, better awareness of player safety, and truth. We have 24 linemen on the roster, and not to pick on specific dudes but we have some underclassman walk-ons listed between 325-340. If our starting 5 are puking 3-4 times a practice, Raiola should be fired. If there's a handful of guys out of shape just puking up water after individual drills every day, whatever.

Putting a specific number out there is pretty dumb, and the timing when nothing else is happening is also bad. But I think it lacks a lot of context and is probably not that big a deal. Just annoying to have another dumb quote out there being (rightfully IMO) mocked.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I'm actually enjoying Scott more and more. 

The coachspeak was getting to me.  Now, I'm seeing him as more of "the Benny Hinn of coaching".  

Scott can simply "Name It & Claim It", "Blab It & Grab It" ... and it's his.  He wears that white coat like Benny and takes it off, swirls it at the audience and everyone just falls over ... well, until he plays a team.  Then, we find out he is a "fake healer".  

He sorta reminds me of OJ as well, ya know, "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit".  He will find an excuse as to why there is blood on the console of his Ford Bronco and spend the rest of his life looking for the killer.  

Every year it's something I suppose.  It's always something like, "we are one player away".  Then, he gaslight us like he didn't really say or mean that.

Remember this, "We're close," Frost said. "...I'm really excited about the rest of this year. I'm really excited about about next year. I hope we get it. I think we should. ... With the young guys we've got coming back and an opportunity to go out and get a few more pieces to add to that, I think this thing could be really good."

Then we won three [3] games.

"As the world turns ... so are the days of our lives" with Scott leading the way.  

Get your humor out of this.  It doesn't look like you will get many wins.

Benny Hinn, or Benny Hill? 

51 minutes ago, HANC said:

Why are we making a big deal out of kids puking at practice. Talk about a bunch of non-sense. It is like people just aren’t happy unless they are finding ways to b!^@h. I have coached HS football and track for over a qtr century. Our goal has never been to have kids get sick during practice, in fact, I HATE it when it happens, but guess what, kids puke during practices. PERIOD. We have kids of all sports, girls bb, jr hi wrestling… puke at practice. We WORK HARD. It is perfectly fine if someone pukes at practice, doesn’t mean you or your program has problems. For God’s sake, I challenge anyone who has a problem with this to try to find a program (HS or NCAA) that doesn’t have someone puke at practice once in awhile. SMH

People are upset or making a big deal about this bc Scott Frost said they are puking a crap ton. This is my believe that those people are upset bc a) he is blowing things out of proportion or b) if that is really so called happening then wow something like that shouldn't be happening your putting kids at risk just to play. I take a and bc i take a it doesn't matter to me about the topic. Bc people will always look for ways to drag people down bc they have nothing better to do.  One of the reasons why Scott didn't want to come back to Nebraska is the very reason that Nebraska fans take everything to heart. Everything is so serious and Scott couldn't even joke without someone saying something. For the most part Husker fans know don't take things to seriously but the ones that do boy do they put us in a horrible spot. You can say what you want about Scott Frost but there is a line that people cross bc they want to with the criticism and I will say Im not one of them regardless if he gets it done or not. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

One of the best football players to come out of my hometown in the last 10 years told me he puked before every game.

My daughter would puke after just about every cross country race she ran.  

It happens.  Yes to the bolded.

I always had to poop before a game but it never happened until I put all my pads on.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

But Sirles said starting OL, which is only 5 of the 24 linemen on the roster. Frost didn't say it was just the starters throwing up that many times.

I think you're missing point here.  Obviously he's heard Frost's quote and gave his opinion that 15 times, 20 times by a starter/non starter (it doesn't matter) isn't good no matter what the particulars might be.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I think you're missing point here.  Obviously he's heard Frost's quote and gave his opinion that 15 times, 20 times by a starter/non starter (it doesn't matter) isn't good no matter what the particulars might be.

I'm not saying it's good, but that's a difference between each lineman throwing up 3-4 times every practice or most linemen throwing up once. There's a big difference in how bad those 2 things would be. 

• Plus1 1