Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s about time, people start asking D politicians these types of questions.  Yet the question isn’t specific enough.  It should be “if a would be mother decides in the third trimester that she no longer wants to have a baby, should she be allowed to have an abortion when no life for mother or baby is in jeopardy and no rape or incest has occurred?”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dems-are-suddenly-playing-defense-on-abortion-171120663.html

• Fire 1
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s about time, people start asking D politicians these types of questions.  Yet the question isn’t specific enough.  It should be “if a would be mother decides in the third trimester that she no longer wants to have a baby, should she be allowed to have an abortion when no life for mother or baby is in jeopardy and no rape or incest has occurred?”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dems-are-suddenly-playing-defense-on-abortion-171120663.html

Im going to say +75% of America would be okay with a 16wk limit for “optional” reasons and no limit for rape, incest, and medical reasons.

The first Presidential candidate to say that out loud wins in a landslide if he/she  explains that it will be the end of the “debate”.

• Plus1 1
On 10/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, funhusker said:

Im going to say +75% of America would be okay with a 16wk limit for “optional” reasons and no limit for rape, incest, and medical reasons.

The first Presidential candidate to say that out loud wins in a landslide if he/she  explains that it will be the end of the “debate”.

I would agree wt your assessment.   And as @Archy1221 notes above, the Dems need to let go of their 'Idol' (my word) of having abortion as a right regardless of time frame or reason.  Both sides have been throwing grenades from their bunkers without getting out in the open and finding a workable middle that will please a majority.   

The first presidential candidate to do so will get the majority of the vote vs the entrenched position candidate.  However, right now both parties are entrenched in their view point and it would be political suicide for someone to 'test' the middle ground. 

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I would agree wt your assessment.   And as @Archy1221 notes above, the Dems need to let go of their 'Idol' (my word) of having abortion as a right regardless of time frame or reason.  Both sides have been throwing grenades from their bunkers without getting out in the open and finding a workable middle that will please a majority.   

The first presidential candidate to do so will get the majority of the vote vs the entrenched position candidate.  However, right now both parties are entrenched in their view point and it would be political suicide for someone to 'test' the middle ground. 

Question... How would there possibly be a middle ground now when there essentially was one in 1973, but that was systematically erroded by religious extremist until we got to the point we're at today?

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

As @ZRod pointed out, that's where we were.....and that didn't hold up.  I'm to the point that I'm very skeptical that a middle ground candidate could get elected.  I just don't see the bases on either side coming down from the extreme the political discourse has them on right now.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

As @ZRod pointed out, that's where we were.....and that didn't hold up.  I'm to the point that I'm very skeptical that a middle ground candidate could get elected.  I just don't see the bases on either side coming down from the extreme the political discourse has them on right now.

Maybe so. The middle ground may be long gone 

• 2 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Inexcusable 

There's already a law where you have to provide care to the infant. This law would have forced doctors to poke and prod at infants who were guaranteed going to die due to health complications beyond the parents control. Perhaps giving parents the opportunity to love those last moments in peace with their child should be more of a priority, instead of trying to find ways to punish good doctors for being humane. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1