** 2022 Opponent Previews : Michigan (Game 10) **

This week's take from the Mgoblog.

Michigan should worry about: Nebraska has gotten out to hot starts in several games; they led Minnesota this week 10-0, they led Illinois in the second quarter, they led Oklahoma 7-0, they led Northwestern 14-3. Michigan, as you may have noticed, has been a second half team. There’s a decent chance Nebraska will grab, like, an early 10-7 lead, causing Michigan’s inevitable multiple-score win to feel thoroughly unenjoyable for quite a while.

Michigan can sleep soundly about: With Nebraska already struggling to stop the run, and facing a team that loves to screw with linebackers and safeties in run support, they really couldn’t afford to lose linebacker Nick Henrich for the year with a knee injury and safety Myles Farmer to a DUI.

When they play Michigan: Casey Thompson was averaging 9.0 yards per attempt. Chubba Purdy is averaging 2.5 yards per attempt with an 8.3% interception rate. Logan Smothers has thrown 11 passes this year. If Thompson can’t play… yeah.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
32 minutes ago, nic said:

This week's take from the Mgoblog.

Michigan should worry about: Nebraska has gotten out to hot starts in several games; they led Minnesota this week 10-0, they led Illinois in the second quarter, they led Oklahoma 7-0, they led Northwestern 14-3. Michigan, as you may have noticed, has been a second half team. There’s a decent chance Nebraska will grab, like, an early 10-7 lead, causing Michigan’s inevitable multiple-score win to feel thoroughly unenjoyable for quite a while.

Michigan can sleep soundly about: With Nebraska already struggling to stop the run, and facing a team that loves to screw with linebackers and safeties in run support, they really couldn’t afford to lose linebacker Nick Henrich for the year with a knee injury and safety Myles Farmer to a DUI.

When they play Michigan: Casey Thompson was averaging 9.0 yards per attempt. Chubba Purdy is averaging 2.5 yards per attempt with an 8.3% interception rate. Logan Smothers has thrown 11 passes this year. If Thompson can’t play… yeah.

Michigan should worry about getting worn down from scoring so much 

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm old enough to remember when we needed to stop calling so many quarterback run plays so that we could keep our QBs healthy.

Agreed, but this year is on the OL, not on QB runs. I can count designed QB runs by CT on one hand. Also, back then we had absolute hogs. We are too soft now.

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm old enough to remember when we needed to stop calling so many quarterback run plays so that we could keep our QBs healthy.

I honestly think Casey has taken more hard shots in the pocket than Martinez did. Adrian had more cumulative hits that added up to a broken body though. The best thing 2AM had going was his size meant he could take more of a beating, but both of them have had the s#!t beat out of them.

And yes I expect this to be posted to the OOCT.

• Plus1 1