Who should our next HC be?

Just now, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

There is no way Mickey Joseph is pulling top 15 classes as a first time head coach to a bottom dwelling program in the middle of Nebraska. I like him and he’s a good recruiter but that’s delusional.

Don’t tell that to half this board. You will get blacklisted lol

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Unfortunately I personally think MJ is gone if he doesn’t get the HC gig… and with him go all his guys. 

And as unfortunate as that is it’s ok. 

There are plenty of coaches that can recruit to Nebraska. 

This notion that if Mickey leaves we are all doomed needs to stop. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
43 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

What does our NIL situation have to offer that other big time programs don’t? Serious question

I think it's pretty obvious after this last off-season that we have NIL money to spend with the top universities. We may not be with the very elite but we are a large step above the middle tier schools. 

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

And as unfortunate as that is it’s ok. 

There are plenty of coaches that can recruit to Nebraska. 

This notion that if Mickey leaves we are all doomed needs to stop. 

I'm not seeing that notion much, if at all, since we have no idea who the head coach would be.

The notion that there are only two or three coaches who could possibly save this program needs to stop, too. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1
56 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

All depends who the new guy is. If it’s the home run most of us want, MJ may want to stay with him, learn,  be part of building something great for your alma mater, etc. I mean, he’s already using quotes from Deion to help motivate the team.

i just don’t see that happening. 

as far as what happened this past Tuesday, it came straight from Ed O at LSU… who got it from his days at USC 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

There is no way Mickey Joseph is pulling top 15 classes as a first time head coach to a bottom dwelling program in the middle of Nebraska. I like him and he’s a good recruiter but that’s delusional.

If you can get a five star kid(Trey Palmer) to come then its possible and your saying MJ couldn't. If he becomes the permanent head coach and brings the right coaches in then a top 15 recruiting class is possible.

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If you can get a five star kid(Trey Palmer) to come then its possible and your saying MJ couldn't. If he becomes the permanent head coach and brings the right coaches in then a top 15 recruiting class is possible.

he was one of LSU’s best recruiters and has strong Louisiana ties. Nebraska would quickly become the “go-to” place for kids LSU doesn’t have room for/ doesn’t want… like Palmer, Ajay Allen, Omarion Miller, etc

39 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

33 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

he was one of LSU’s best recruiters and has strong Louisiana ties. Nebraska would quickly become the “go-to” place for kids LSU doesn’t have room for/ doesn’t want… like Palmer, Ajay Allen, Omarion Miller, etc

A handful of leftovers from Louisiana a full top 15 class does not make.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

How do people feel about Leipold? Nebraska Twitter seemed to be drooling over him today. I still think there is a chance he finishes the season 2-5 down the stretch, and one 7-5 season in the B12 wouldn't have me sold by any means...

Not totally sold on him.   He’s done really good things at KU.  Developed some talent, just would like to see it for more than 1 year 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Lost by 7 to the #15 team in the county playing most of the game with their backup QB?  I’ll take it.

The backup QB was the starter for 9 games last year and isn’t that much different than Daniel’s though.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1