Who should our next HC be?

39 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

DC, maybe not HC.

He might be a great DC, but not a good/great HC.  A lot of guys are better when soley focused on one area.  Maybe Brent is that guy.  

I wonder if Lincoln went to USC to avoid the SEC and/or he new that his player quality was declining and Texas, Baylor, OSU, TCU were on the rise and his road to a championship would be harder in the Big XII

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

18 minutes ago, lo country said:

He might be a great DC, but not a good/great HC.  A lot of guys are better when soley focused on one area.  Maybe Brent is that guy.  

I wonder if Lincoln went to USC to avoid the SEC and/or he new that his player quality was declining and Texas, Baylor, OSU, TCU were on the rise and his road to a championship would be harder in the Big XII

Got to remember this is his first year being a head coach. Just bc he is 3-3 rn doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a good head coach he could have a better record by the end of the season.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I'm wondering about Rhule- He did wonders at Baylor and maybe like Saban - he just isn't cut out for the NFL.   Not saying he's in Saban's league - but after his NFL stint, who would have figured that Saban would become GOAT in the college ranks??  Rhule could bring some NFL knowledge into the college game that perhaps recruits could look up to. 

Rhule is probably my #3 choice, assuming he’s available before the end of the regular NFL season.

I'm convinced Urban isn't going to happen even if I wish it could.

I’m convinced that if he wants to coach again next year, it’ll be with us.

Deion - I just don't know. Is Prime Time ready for prime time P5 football?

I don’t know either, but I do know he’d check the “top 15 recruiting class every year” box, which is where this conversation started. Hell, probably top 5-10. Can’t say that about many others.

• Haha 3

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

I think that’s the list.  Maybe the Coastal Carolina guy too….Chadwell

I would be happy with Aranda. I would be understanding and optimistic with Leipold, Kliemann, & if Joseph pulls off a good year. Pissed if it is Campbell. Rhule seems like a very boom or bust guy. 

Just now, Decked said:

I would be happy with Aranda. I would be understanding and optimistic with Leipold, Kliemann, & if Joseph pulls off a good year. Pissed if it is Campbell. Rhule seems like a very boom or bust guy. 

I’m with you.

I think there are several good options.  I believe we have, and have had, a culture problem for a long time.  We just need a good leader and we will be decent again.  Might not be natty contenders, but I think getting back to relevant is very possible.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I think that’s the list.  Maybe the Coastal Carolina guy too….Chadwell

I like Chadwell a lot.  Only concern would be recruiting TBH.  He has coached at multiple levels and done well.  His offense isn't gimmicky and not a true triple option, but a good mix of pass and run.  Just don't know about moving that recruiting meter.

Campbell is out.  His leverage is gone as ISU is underperforming a lot.

What the hell Venables?  Looks like that guy is DC only material. Bob Stoops may coach again and prove all you naysayers wrong!  

The homeruns are still out there.  Meyer, Aranda, Kiffen, Petersen.

Fickell and Dykes stock are still in tact.

I guess we can get in a pissing match with Wisconsin for Leipold but I don’t think Leipold can recruit at the level we need. 

Don’t sleep on Deion!  The recruiting alone is worth it. Keep MJ and Busch.