Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Sure do like to try and make everything about you. Obviously a big name coach could bring in big recruits. That isn't some ground breaking take. Those guys are not coming here to coach. You can get recruits to Lincoln. Will it be a top 10-15 class probably not, but can pull top 20 classes. The development of the top talent they bring in is something that has plagued Nebraska for a long time. Hopefully they can find the right coach that can recruit and develop the talent they bring in.

It has to be in the 10-15 range every year in order to compete with the big dogs. Top 20 is nice but it's close no cigar.

29 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Well, if UM were to be brought on here  (or any coaching job) I keep thinking that his indiscretions would be a sort of fall back story to bring up from time to time.  Perhaps that's why he would rather remain at Fox.

And our local media is pretty ferocious when times get tough around the program if you have warts. Bo did himself no favors, but if you watch his interview on Bussin' with the Boys he explains how they chew you up and spit you out. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Sure do like to try and make everything about you. Obviously a big name coach could bring in big recruits. That isn't some ground breaking take. Those guys are not coming here to coach. You can get recruits to Lincoln. Will it be a top 10-15 class probably not, but can pull top 20 classes. The development of the top talent they bring in is something that has plagued Nebraska for a long time. Hopefully they can find the right coach that can recruit and develop the talent they bring in.

Actually, it has nothing to do w/ me. I just don't like the two-facedness and hypocrisy of certain people in this fanbase.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, husker009 said:

Kiffin is the type of person that if NU hired him and he had success, he would leave for Alabama the minute the job opened. Just look what he did to Tennessee. His picture should be next to the word scum in every dictionary. 

Yep - that's my biggest concern w/ him. He never seems to stay in one spot for very long.

32 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Is there any team in the 10-15 range 'every year' in recent history that isn't in a regional recruiting hotbed?

Urban would have a 75% winning percentage with a school even if they are located in Serbia. He won a lot of games with UTAH and BOWLING GREEN. Not to mention his three natties. That’s how good of a coach he is, but in the minds of the holier than thou posters, NU shouldn’t even bother talking to the second best college football coach in the last 20 years because one of his assistants beat his wife in his private life. With it happening in private, Urban was not present at all. Urban is not a marriage counselor. I don’t know if he would come here or not, but it is worth a try. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Urban could win a natty with a school even if they were located in Serbia. That’s how good of a coach he is, but NU shouldn’t bother talking to him because one of his assistants beat his wife according to some of the people on here. Urban is not a marriage counselor. I don’t know if he would come here or not, but it is worth a try. 

the local media and bluehairs wouldn't approve.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yep - that's my biggest concern w/ him. He never seems to stay in one spot for very long.

16 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Rhule is no different.

Kriffin,  Rhule, URB will all leave after a few years seems to be today's take.  So it is settled then.  We will hire Chadwell who won't see Nebraska as a steppingstone!

In reality, Trev and boasters could make Neb a destination and not a steppingstone.  We'll see what they have cooked up in a month :stir if not sooner. 

57 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It has to be in the 10-15 range every year in order to compete with the big dogs. Top 20 is nice but it's close no cigar.

Well, we have been having top 20 classes now.  If we have the right coach and they start winning at the level our recruiting classes show, I would think we could then start getting 10-15 ranked classes and keep improving the win column.

But, we have to get the coach that will develop the talent we have, can show a clear path to keep improving and then start bringing in those even better classes.

1 hour ago, husker009 said:

Urban would have a 80% winning percentage with a school even if they are located in Serbia. He won a lot of games with UTAH and BOWLING GREEN. Not to mention his three natties. That’s how good of a coach he is, but in the minds of the holier than thou posters, NU shouldn’t even bother talking to the second best college football coach in the last 20 years because one of his assistants beat his wife in his private life. With it happening in private, Urban was not present at all. Urban is not a marriage counselor. I don’t know if he would come here or not, but it is worth a try. 

If I'm remembering correctly, Urban knew about the abuse his assistant was dishing out and did nothing. After a quick internet search it seems likely that he didn't do anything even though he knew.

Knowing and doing nothing is not ok. I don't know if as a coach Urban was considered a person who is required to report abuse as soon as he finds out but even if he wasn't required to do so it was still the right thing to do. And he failed.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/urban-meyer-apologizes-to-ex-wife-of-former-ohio-state-assistant

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/local/drone/8-in-the-air/did-urban-meyer-know-of-alleged-abuse-assistants-ex-wife-calls-out-coach-in-latest-ohio-state-scandal/526-ef8a4701-abc1-4287-978d-d71fb8bd8d49

https://slate.com/culture/2018/08/urban-meyer-zach-smith-ohio-state-coverup.html

Edited by LennynSquiggy
Edited to make the second sentence clear on what I meant.