*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

He also went into way more depth than that on how powerful that medium can be, and all of the cool stuff that comes out of it.  I wouldn't be surprised that he doesn't continue to do it next year after they sit down in the off season and see the positive effects of it.  The entire sound bite was pretty good.

He also said that the infamous Sunday practice had way more content in it, but they cut quite a bit out.  BUT we will probably see some of that once we get into the off season.

On 10/27/2023 at 2:19 PM, knapplc said:

By the way - Northwestern had 86 yards rushing in the first half. They had five yards rushing in the second half.

They scored three points after halftime.

That Rhule speach at halftime was amazing.  Reminds me of:  
"You blitz all night long. If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm going to take every last one of you out! You make sure, forever, the night they played the Titans!"  My favorite line from my all time favorite movie.  And then later the equally famous line "Run it up Herman. Leave no doubt."

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda refreshing we aren't talking about "culture" or "buy-in" all the time this season under Rhule.  It seemed like every week for Frost's first couple years there were comments from Frost or a players about who who was in or out.

And from reading some stuff about Wisconsin this week it sounds like 2018-19 Nebraska with a lot of talk about "not enough guys have bought-in yet".

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic