Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Yeah it's a pretty short highlight reel.

But I'm hoping we see Sims run some of the true RPO stuff like you see in two of those plays in that clip. He seems like he has really good composure...but also he had pretty great blocking in those plays.

Something he may not see much of this season.        :waste

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

There are 4 unique throws, and 2 runs, in that video.  That is called cherry picking and is a very limited set.  Don't read much from that, if anything. 

To my untrained eye, it even looked like the first two touchdown passes on this clip may have been slightly underthrown. The receiver had a couple steps on his defender, but had to slow down to catch both passes.

Ultimately it doesn’t make much difference whether the throws were perfect or not. The result is all that matters.    Tommie F was the best QB probably, ever, not because he was the biggest, strongest, fastest, best pinpoint passer or any other measure.  It’s mostly about leading his team to championships vs any and all opponents.  The results are the most important factor. 

QBs are one of eleven that all need to do their respective jobs well. Leaders lead.  Lots of QBs throw the ball well enough to win most games. It’s the rest of their game that typically decides how good a player they are.  Imo. 

38 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Ultimately it doesn’t make much difference whether the throws were perfect or not. The result is all that matters.    Tommie F was the best QB probably, ever, not because he was the biggest, strongest, fastest, best pinpoint passer or any other measure.  It’s mostly about leading his team to championships vs any and all opponents.  The results are the most important factor. 

QBs are one of eleven that all need to do their respective jobs well. Leaders lead.  Lots of QBs throw the ball well enough to win most games. It’s the rest of their game that typically decides how good a player they are.  Imo. 

Tommie had the best thing any QB could ask for…a supporting cast full of All-Americans and NFL draft picks

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5

Looks like they updated the roster, and while these are self-reported and of dubious accuracy I still like to look at changes. Some I noticed:

• Several guys listed as new positions, but one I hadn't heard was Javin Wright - now an LB.
  • Fidone up to 250 - we have a big TE room between him, Gilbert (275), and Boerkircher (245)
  • On the DL Jeudy is down to 280 and Rollins is up to 245 - those are both good changes. Hutmacher is stilled listed at 330, less convinced that is a good thing.
  • 5 Fullbacks listed on the roster, including Bonner (up to 220).
  • On the OL Evans-Jenkins is listed at 315. He was frequently complimented but undersized - if that's good weight I'm buying him as a contributor down the road.
  • Lutovsky down to 310 is good, and Goldman listed at OL (was OL/DL)
  • Maciejczak is still listed at OL/DL, but his number is 95 so I'd guess he'll start DL but may still be up in the air long term.

A couple other interesting things that will have absolutely no impact - our walk-on QB from IWCC (Longval) is wearing #29, probably because there are no single digits at the moment. And Gage Wager (walk-on, TE coaches son) is now listed as a punter instead of RB. 

EDIT: And as Red Five pointed out in another thread, Chase Androff (TE) and Seth Malcom (LB) are not on the roster. Neither is shocking.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Looks like they updated the roster, and while these are self-reported and of dubious accuracy I still like to look at changes. Some I noticed:

• Several guys listed as new positions, but one I hadn't heard was Javin Wright - now an LB.
  • Fidone up to 250 - we have a big TE room between him, Gilbert (275), and Boerkircher (245)
  • On the DL Jeudy is down to 280 and Rollins is up to 245 - those are both good changes. Hutmacher is stilled listed at 330, less convinced that is a good thing.
  • 5 Fullbacks listed on the roster, including Bonner (up to 220).
  • On the OL Evans-Jenkins is listed at 315. He was frequently complimented but undersized - if that's good weight I'm buying him as a contributor down the road.
  • Lutovsky down to 310 is good, and Goldman listed at OL (was OL/DL)
  • Maciejczak is still listed at OL/DL, but his number is 95 so I'd guess he'll start DL but may still be up in the air long term.

A couple other interesting things that will have absolutely no impact - our walk-on QB from IWCC (Longval) is wearing #29, probably because there are no single digits at the moment. And Gage Wager (walk-on, TE coaches son) is now listed as a punter instead of RB. 

EDIT: And as Red Five pointed out in another thread, Chase Androff (TE) and Seth Malcom (LB) are not on the roster. Neither is shocking.

I'll be pretty surprised if Nash turns into an effective DL in the B1G. He belongs at OG and I'm sad he hasn't been moved.

• Plus1 2