2023 Alternate Uniforms

Mavric

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I mean you can't see the blue outline if you are more than 10 feet away from the jersey.  And you can't see the writing on the shoulder stripes if you are more than 5 feet away.

I though the whole point of alternates was to stand out and be different.  The casual fan (Nebraska or otherwise) tuning in on TV is not going to know these are alternates.

Completely agree with this.  To the average viewer on TV and the fans in the stands, nobody is going to notice the difference in these uniforms.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I mean you can't see the blue outline if you are more than 10 feet away from the jersey.  And you can't see the writing on the shoulder stripes if you are more than 5 feet away.

I though the whole point of alternates was to stand out and be different.  The casual fan (Nebraska or otherwise) tuning in on TV is not going to know these are alternates.

You're probably right, but I still like the subtlety. 

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're probably right, but I still like the subtlety. 

Fans would have lost their minds if NU showed up with a blue jersey.  Uniforms are so different than what they were 100 years ago, so I am not sure what could have been done to do something 100 years ago.  Maybe they should have done a mashup of different uniforms from the past 100 years.

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Fans would have lost their minds if NU showed up with a blue jersey.  Uniforms are so different than what they were 100 years ago, so I am not sure what could have been done to do something 100 years ago.  Maybe they should have done a mashup of different uniforms from the past 100 years.

It's funny how much blue we had in old jerseys. The 1902 jersey was pretty cool, IMO.

4jqNlaJ.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Good Lord....we spent years with some fans b!^@hing about jerseys with "tire treads" on them that fans never could see from the stands or on TV.

34 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

the point is to make the players excited and happy

I remember Pelini wearing that (god awful to me) all red alternate.  The players seemed genuinely excited about that.  I don't think I am going out on a limb in saying that the players reactions to the alternates this year will be a shoulder shrug.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I think the Athletic Department over thinks this jersey thing just about every year.  It seems like they want to tell a story more than they just want to look good.

I suppose it depends on what you are trying to do, but I think many of us just want something that looks cool once a year.  For the most part, that has been a wiff.

Literally this! 

• Fire 1
  • 2 months later...