2023 Spring Practice Notes - Offensive Line

Mavric

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

Teddy out for a few weeks but back for first game more than likely. Hard to see him ever playing here. Going to be the Turner & Benhart show again. Puke!!

Geez smh why does he always get hurt :bang Its like the one guy everyone know's who always gets sick and everyone else is fine. Maybe football is not meant for him and we should just put our faith in the other o-lineman on the team and Donny. Yes he has huge upside but what good does that do if he isn't seeing the field?

I try to track which OL are (mainly) working at which spots as best I can.  Not sure I have them 100% but I try.

I had four guys listed at LT: Teddy, Corcoran, Hood and Gottula.  Two of them (Teddy and Hood) were the two OL Rhule listed as out injured right now.

Tough when we really need someone to step up there and that's the position hit hardest by injuries.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, Decked said:

Teddy out for a few weeks but back for first game more than likely. Hard to see him ever playing here. Going to be the Turner & Benhart show again. Puke!!

Looks like we're gonna find out if Raiola can squeeze any more development out of the Puke Brothers. I love Teddy and his potential, but dude is Mr. Glass at this point. 

Subquestion: are they the Puke Brothers because of how hard they pracice, or because of fans reaction to our tackle play/performance?

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Tough when we really need someone to step up there and that's the position hit hardest by injuries.

I really wish we could just move Corcoran inside and be done with it. Can't seem to get any luck on injuries or transfers or seemingly anything that would allow that to happen.

I like the guy, but I have zero confidence he's anything at that position except an emergency option.

9 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Geez smh why does he always get hurt :bang Its like the one guy everyone know's who always gets sick and everyone else is fine. Maybe football is not meant for him and we should just put our faith in the other o-lineman on the team and Donny. Yes he has huge upside but what good does that do if he isn't seeing the field?

Rob Zatechka (who is a doctor) has been concerned about Prochazka being just too tall with long limbs to stay healthy in the long run. There is just too much force put on the long limbs of Teddy’s which creates injuries. I know that there are a lot of linemen in the NFL who are 6’7” and above, but Prochazka is nearly 6’10”. It’s like NBA players over 7’4” who have trouble staying healthy and having a long career. 

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Undone said:

What? Do we know what Nouili's injury is?

:throw

Rhule said he'll only say if they are out for the year and did not talk about Nouili. Listed Brodie Tagaloa and Maverick Noonan (knee, not ACL). Everyone else should be back for the game but definitely a fair number of guys missing days.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1