Kevin Sumlin considering Terry Joseph

No problem with him considering or even taking it. But to basically challenge the A.D. to meet his demands publicly is bush league. If Eichorst gives in, every single assistant will consider using the same public tactic.

I'd be fine if he made his concerns known to Bo and the A.D. privately.

Really? Using a job offer to bargain for a better salary is bush league? Because that's standard pretty much everywhere in every industry.

It's always about money. If someone says it isn't about money, it's about money. If money isn't mentioned, it's still about money. His decision will likely come down to money.

Anyone else have a bad taste in their mouth after reading his comments about it all being about him getting his contract extended and getting paid?

Don't want to make too much of it, but if that is the sole reason you're in it, don't let the door hit ya.

This ^^^

Actually I really liked this. He just came right out and told the truth. I thought it was great of him to say. When people say stupid stuff like "It isn't abut the money" It is always about the money. This is his career, HIS JOB. He is being offered more money, and apparently an extension, at a currently better program. I like his honesty.

Sometimes I think our fandom makes us forget these decisions are made very much like how you or I would change jobs. Location? money? opportunity to move up? security? wife happy?

Agreed Macro. In the end, he's just a man trying to do what's best for himself. I liked his honesty. I always find it funny, you can never please people. Had he went to AnM and said "it's not just about the money", people here would crucify him and call BS. Yet, he was honest and simply said money is a factor ( of course it is, why wouldn't it be) and you still have those people who act like he's a bad guy for saying it. Ha, you can't win.

I agree I'm glad to here a straight answer. I hope we can keep him coaching continuity is a bit deal and losing guys on lateral moves is troubling. Paying to keep good coaching is part of big time football.

No problem with him considering or even taking it. But to basically challenge the A.D. to meet his demands publicly is bush league. If Eichorst gives in, every single assistant will consider using the same public tactic.

I'd be fine if he made his concerns known to Bo and the A.D. privately.

Really? Using a job offer to bargain for a better salary is bush league? Because that's standard pretty much everywhere in every industry.

It's always about money. If someone says it isn't about money, it's about money. If money isn't mentioned, it's still about money. His decision will likely come down to money.

Comish, I can kind of see your point. To fly that stuff publicly may not be how some would like it done. I found the transparency and honesty refreshing.

As to the point of other assistants using the same tactic- not everyone is equal. There are many on that staff that could try this tactic in public or private and they could be sent packing. Know your lane! I think he is one of our better coaches and a good recruiter (although those pointing out our lack of secondary recruits lately have me rethinking that). To me, he is worth the raise!

Anyone else have a bad taste in their mouth after reading his comments about it all being about him getting his contract extended and getting paid?

Don't want to make too much of it, but if that is the sole reason you're in it, don't let the door hit ya.

This ^^^

I for one, can't believe he wants a contract extension. What kind of monster is he??

B.S. that it's always about money.

Darin Erstad is proof otherwise. So is Ron Brown.

Maybe in Browns case but in Erstads case he doesnt have to worry about money like most assisstant coaches do. Hes made millions upon millions in his actual main career. Its apples to oranges comparing Erstad with assistant coaches whose career is possibly being an assistant their whole careers.

Lol! Can you imagine our other assistants doing this? Papuchis or Cotton walking up to Pelini and Eichorst and publicly threaten to walk to greener pastures if they don't get a raise? Lolololololol!

Actually, maybe that's why Pelini has the assistants that he does, so he doesn't have to worry about bidding wars with other schools.

Sooooo the NCAA only allows, what is it 9 assistant coaches? Can we have a separate recruiting coordinator or small staff?

Yes, we can have a separate recruiting coordinator. In fact there was a job posting for such earlier in the year. And we are again, lowballing the pay. It was posted as $40k. SEC RC positions are paying $100k+

Paging Eric Warfield... Decent player for the chiefs. Grew up in the south (Mississippi and Arkansas) int

Wasnt Warfield on staff a year or two ago?

He was an intern on Bo's staff I think in the 2011-2012 seasons. So he'd be familiar with Bo's defense and what he wants the DB's to do. I think its a no brainer between him and Minter.

PLEASE NO!!! Take Beck instead!!! :P

In all seriousness, this is a big loss, but not a devastating loss IMO. Bo has a lot of connections with secondary coaches out there, and we have yet to have a bad one. This has yet to actually be confirmed, but if it is true like some of us think, good luck to Terry Joseph. A&M needs a ton of work in that secondary and whole defense lol. Thanks for what you have done, but we will succeed with or without you.

Sooooo the NCAA only allows, what is it 9 assistant coaches? Can we have a separate recruiting coordinator or small staff?

Yes, we can have a separate recruiting coordinator. In fact there was a job posting for such earlier in the year. And we are again, lowballing the pay. It was posted as $40k. SEC RC positions are paying $100k+

Did anyone see the listing? I have a feeling it probably had wording in it saying something to the point of starting out at at least $40k. But really the salary will be negotiated when we find who we want and the salary will be much higher and perks will be involved.