** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

53 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Oh. He was OC&QBs for Cincinnati last year, and OC&QBs for Miami the year before.

Yeah, his career hasn't been so hot lately.

Frost has dual threat QB's.  Why would he keep a couple of pocket passing guys here, when they could go elsewhere and be who they are?  Gebbia and POB are not dual threat.  They can't run those plays that Milton runs for UCF.  Vedral, a local kid, might come with him and in two years we are deep in dual threat players.  What Riley and his crew have brought in here are statue players.  One dimensional.  UCF has athletes and finds a home for them if they can ball.  I am not sure that any of these players would even sniff the field under Frost.  First off, they will have to show some kind of passion.  Passion for the school, and passion for the team.  I think that would weed out a lot of players like Keyshawn Jr and co.

Oregon ST.  Riley is two full years removed, and they have absolutely nothing there.  This guy can't recruit and build for a winning product over time.  If Riley could recruit, they wouldn't be as bad as they are right now.  If we get a new coach and staff, no matter what, alot of these guys won't stay.  We go 7-5 to end the season, and what do we have here?  MIddle of the road roster.  Its time to break the piggy bank, pay for a coach like Frost and scrap this system and move forward.  All this hoping for a good season yet, just delays the process even further.  Most on here watch UCF last night.  Most liked it a lot.  I think i even saw some excite on this board from it.  Why delay that for another year or two of this!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Frost has dual threat QB's.  Why would he keep a couple of pocket passing guys here, when they could go elsewhere and be who they are?  Gebbia and POB are not dual threat.  They can't run those plays that Milton runs for UCF.  Vedral, a local kid, might come with him and in two years we are deep in dual threat players.  What Riley and his crew have brought in here are statue players.  One dimensional.  UCF has athletes and finds a home for them if they can ball.  I am not sure that any of these players would even sniff the field under Frost.  First off, they will have to show some kind of passion.  Passion for the school, and passion for the team.  I think that would weed out a lot of players like Keyshawn Jr and co.

That last sentence is a low blow. Keyshawn loves Nebraska and has taken his punishment and is trying to improve as a person. Lay off the kid.

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Oregon ST.  Riley is two full years removed, and they have absolutely nothing there.  This guy can't recruit and build for a winning product over time.  If Riley could recruit, they wouldn't be as bad as they are right now.  If we get a new coach and staff, no matter what, alot of these guys won't stay.  We go 7-5 to end the season, and what do we have here?  MIddle of the road roster.  Its time to break the piggy bank, pay for a coach like Frost and scrap this system and move forward.  All this hoping for a good season yet, just delays the process even further.  Most on here watch UCF last night.  Most liked it a lot.  I think i even saw some excite on this board from it.  Why delay that for another year or two of this!

Anderson sent alot of Rileys best players away so let's drop the oregon state is terrible because of Riley narrative 

• Plus1 3

12 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Todd Blackledge just popped a chubby talking about Jalen Hurts throwing the shot put in high school during the Bama game.  He threw 46 and change.  Blackledge said something about " I bet there isn't another QB that could this".

Somebody might want to tell him Frost won State and could go over 58.

He knows they (PSU) robbed the Huskers with that "L" shaped end zone....

Keyshawn is loyal (was) to Riley, not Nebraska.  The dude would have stayed here if loyal to the school.  Come on.  Keyshawn saved face with removing his son from here from doing something most of these kids do.  You think the first time Jr smoked some weed was here on this campus.................?  I heard the kid liked his teammates and  coaches, but this wasn't California.   Missed home,  went home.  End of story.

6 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Keyshawn is loyal (was) to Riley, not Nebraska.  The dude would have stayed here if loyal to the school.  Come on.  Keyshawn saved face with removing his son from here from doing something most of these kids do.  You think the first time Jr smoked some weed was here on this campus.................?  I heard the kid liked his teammates and  coaches, but this wasn't California.   Missed home,  went home.  End of story.

Yeah this isn't intelligent, sorry.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

What

I think alot of fans want a change, but don't want to see the program struggle in order to see those changes take place.  I understand that, and don't wish to see us completely embarrassed nationally again and again.  I think some reasons for that is being loyal to those who are on the current roster and playing.  We know that a different coach means his players and his ways.  No matter if this year or next, players will come and go either way.  

After watching Frost and his team play, compete and show passion for the game, why wouldn't any of us want that here right now.  The announcers were oohing and awing over his program after just 1 full season and the start of another.  We want all of this right now for this program.  Bob Stoops went into OU and in year 2 won the NC.  Its all about coaching.  Coaching up what is here, and bringing in what you need building for the future.

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic