** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Here’s something to increase our pages:

shoukd Scott Frost have full control of who he chooses for his staff without any input from his AD?  My answer would be absolutely. But there has been a mini-outcry from some of our current players on social media that want certain coaches to stay. What do you all think?

Frost - full control. That's the only answer here.

Long time lurker finally posting. 

I live in Atlanta and the sport talk guys here and all of the interviews they do with National Media types basically say Scott Frost is coming to Nebraska and that its happening pretty much the moment the CCG is over on Saturday.  They have been talking like this since Friday with such confidence that I had to check ESPN and here to see if I missed something. 

I will admit, my manly bits are a-twitter awaiting Scott’s hopeful arrival and the revival of Big Red to 90’s form!

HuskerInATL

Edited by HuskerInATL
Spelling error
  • Plus1 3
34 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

Yeah, this is the downside of hands off moderation. It's a bit hard to find everything. He's not N yet, but all signs are promising. 

If there was something worth pulling out of this thread into the Spark Notes version, you'd have done that, right?

24 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Here’s something to increase our pages:

shoukd Scott Frost have full control of who he chooses for his staff without any input from his AD?  My answer would be absolutely. But there has been a mini-outcry from some of our current players on social media that want certain coaches to stay. What do you all think?

Full control. The Moos pretty much said this in his press conference. I'm the AD not the coach. The coach will have control of the football program.

4 minutes ago, HuskerInATL said:

Long time lurker finally posting. 

I live in Atlanta and the sport talk guys here and all of the interviews they do with National Media types basically say Scott Frost is coming to Nebraska and that its happening pretty much the moment the CCG is over on Saturday.  They have been talking like this since Friday with such confidence that I had to check ESPN and here to see if I missed something. 

I will admit, my manly bits are a-twitter awaiting Scott’s hopeful arrival and the revival of Big Red to 90’s form!

HuskerInATL

Welcome to the board, officially!

Here's hoping... :cheers

3 minutes ago, Horace said:

Full control. The Moos pretty much said this in his press conference. I'm the AD not the coach. The coach will have control of the football program.

I think Moos could play a role in building a candidate list for any position necessary, but nothing past that 

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

So, a few of the coaches that were suggested as viable alternatives if Scott Frost were to turn down the Husker offer have been taken off the board.

Note: I'm not making any suggestion these were realistic, just that they were brought up

Chip Kelley to UCLA, Mullen to Florida, Campbell staying at ISU, etc

Who is left that would cause us concern if they were suddenly out of play?  The guy from VT?  Neonmumble from the Academy?  

I know we are all 100% sure Frost is N, but knowing there are still a few likely names on Moos's list gives me a bit of peace of mind.  What names being erased would raise the overall blood pressure?

My list has always looked like this.

1. Frost
  2. Fuente
  3. Campbell
  4. Bielema
  5. Jim Tressel (Sock YOLO!)

Which everyone has already mentioned. The top 3 guys are rising stars in college football, and if you can snag someone like that when they're young, you do it. Frosty is obviously head and shoulders above the rest. Fuente has a longer track record than Campbell does.

I was super averse to Bielema at first. I've always kind of disliked that guy for putting so many whoopings on us. But I thought he handled his dismissal with class and he knows how to win in the Big 10, without a doubt. He's old, but he's not a bad fallback. At least it would please Run the Ball guy.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If there was something worth pulling out of this thread into the Spark Notes version, you'd have done that, right?

Not for awhile. I didn't bring a computer with me for the holidays so I could be present with the family. I also came back to a cluster at work  so I haven't gone through the thread for quite awhile. Depending on how much I get done today at work I might watch a movie and go through tonight. 

• Plus1 1

I remember being in New Orleans when the NFL draft was going on, back when Ricky Williams was going to be drafted. Mike Ditka was the HC of the Saints of the time, and he was looking to make a splash, and they traded basically all of their picks away to move up and get Williams. And there was a 90-something year old woman there (in a wheelchair due her age and fragility), who had been a Saints fan ever since they first came in to the league, and when the Saints drafted Williams she was weeping tears of joy, she was so happy and convinced that the Saints might actually win something (at the time, I don't think they had ever won a playoff game). She just sat there and wept, and was just so darn happy, and I'm not a Saints fan, but I felt happy for her.

I imagine that's how I'm going to feel when Frost is officially announced, and the fan base comes together again as one, and we actually are given the chance to climb out of this pit of despair we've been in for nearly 20 years. It's a feeling that I haven't had in quite a while, as far as this program is concerned: HOPE.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think Moos could play a role in building a candidate list for any position necessary, but nothing past that 

Possibly, but if I'm Frost I want full control. Just like Devaney evaluating players. I'm in the opinion that he needs to go. If I'm the coach i choose and evaluate my own players and staff.

• Plus1 3