** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

21 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I do like him period.  So I have a bias where he is concerned.  I just think that he does that stuff on purpose to get a rise out of listeners.  I mean, he has to do the same thing day in and day out so he would have to find a way to continue to make their show interesting.  It's just my take.  You may be totally correct but I have to entertain that idea. It intrigues me.

I guess if I take a step back and look at Damon as a person and Scott as a person I see two adults. Not two college aged kids anymore. These two had a relationship.  I really find it hard to believe that Damon would hold a grudge against Scott for something that happened what, 20 years ago?  I think they are both above all of that crap.  But there is always someone who will bring it up, usually a listener and they will again have to deal with it.  You can bet Scott will be asked about it when he gets here.  I hope he says, 'Not going there.  It's a dead issue.'  or something to that effect. 

I didn’t really hear any negative in his commentary. He and Sharpe kind of have a thing going. Sharpe is all the way in with Frost and Damon is providing buts and what ifs.

It is interesting that the LP thing is brought up because I believe Matt Vrzal made reference of it on Monday (Bahe’s show).  I also don’t think Jay Forman is super excited about Frost the man, but all three seem to be on board with Frost the coach. 

Damon to me seems concerned that everyone is saying there is only one guy that can fix this.  

Please don’t hate me for this, but if Frost is not the savior (I knocked on wood), and it doesn’t work out(knocked again), I think it is a valid question to ask then what.

Edited by NoKoolAidForME
  • Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

This search is like none of the past ones where we had a fever pitch of rumors swirling up until the announcement. It's weird. I almost miss it....

Quick, someone say something borderline absurd to liven this party up!

Tennessee should look at Pelini, he's about out of Nebraska money.  He has some SEC experience and could hire Les Miles as his D coordinator.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, FlipPhone said:

Oregon is who I am worried about - Jimbo will go to A&M, Taggart may go to FSU, and then Oregon throws its hat into the ring for Frost.  Given that we've established Knight's friendship with Frost, I don't think we're still a 100% slam dunk here.

I was worried about this happening, as well, but FSU plays this Saturday, as they had a game rescheduled due to the hurricanes in September.  Given that timeline, I think it would be difficult for Jimbo to leave FSU, FSU to hire Taggart as a replacement, and then Frost go to Oregon.  I think Frost would have signed with NU by Sunday or Monday of next week.

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Just to keep things interesting as it seems this thing is all but official, but someone on the UCF board claims to have a source that would personally be affected if Frost left, as in moving with him, that said Frost is not 100% with Nebraska yet, but more like 92%. According to this guy, Frost has not told staff yet of his decision. Of course this goes against what we were told yesterday that staff were already cleaning out their desks.

Here's some spice: UCF loses the CCG and Frost decides last second that he can't leave his players without a championship.

6 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Tennessee should look at Pelini, he's about out of Nebraska money.  He has some SEC experience and could hire Les Miles as his D coordinator.

This would go over well, as Les Miles was an offensive line coach and O-coordinator. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was worried about this happening, as well, but FSU plays this Saturday, as they had a game rescheduled due to the hurricanes in September.  Given that timeline, I think it would be difficult for Jimbo to leave FSU, FSU to hire Taggart as a replacement, and then Frost go to Oregon.  I think Frost would have signed with NU by Sunday or Monday of next week.

I could see all this happening based on the flights I see in the air.

FR_USA.jpg

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Here's some spice: UCF loses the CCG and Frost decides last second that he can't leave his players without a championship.

Possible, but I think Frost is realizing no matter how great he does at UCF, the biggest thing he could win is a conference championship.  I think he would be happy to bring them back to the level of competing for a conference championship, and he would recommend one of his assistant coaches to be the next head coach to keep the ball rolling.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I dont think it's that difficult - i mean, we already know things happen behind the scenes before they actually happen.  Anyway, I am highly hopeful for the best, but also very highly snakebitten from previous blunders in coaching hires.  No such thing as a sure thing.  I hope we do land him here and people who made those bets at Bovada are rich SOB's - but I just have the nagging feeling that will only be cured from the press conference announcing him as our new coach.

I read this morning that USC's offensive coordinator is sure to be getting consideration in this year's coaching carousel.

His name is Tee Martin.

Which would make him Tennessee's Scott Frost. But very little Tee Martin discussion in the Tennessee chatter. I think it would be a safer choice than the parade of retreads they're now forced to consider.

My understanding is that terms had been drawn up for Shiano and he had boarded the plane for the trip to Knoxville when the offer was rescinded due to fan outcry on social media. Which means it's very likely that Tennessee will owe Shiano money -- perhaps considerable money — before they ever hire the coach who will actually coach. 

If it's wrong to use someone else's dumpster fire to feel a bit warmer about your own football program, I plead guilty. 

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I read this morning that USC's offensive coordinator is sure to be getting consideration in this year's coaching carousel.

His name is Tee Martin.

Which would make him Tennessee's Scott Frost. But very little Tee Martin discussion in the Tennessee chatter. I think it would be a safer choice than the parade of retreads they're now forced to consider.

My understanding is that terms had been drawn up for Shiano and he had boarded the plane for the trip to Knoxville when the offer was rescinded due to fan outcry on social media. Which means it's very likely that Tennessee will owe Shiano money -- perhaps considerable money — before they ever hire the coach who will actually coach. 

If it's wrong to use someone else's dumpster fire to feel a bit warmer about your own football program, I plead guilty. 

I heard Tennessee may be ok because the Chancellor never signed the sheet. Just the AD. They rescinded before the Chancellor actually signed it. I’m not a lawyer so I have no idea if it matters. Just heard this brought up on McElroy’s show this AM